Chapter 3

Hey guys I'm so sorry I haven't posted lately, I'm at the lakes and I have horrible reception on my iPad and it's really hard to type! This is a short chapter, it would be longer and better edited if it weren't for this stupid iPad, but I think it's a bit better than the past two. Thank you so much for understanding! 

................................................................................................................... ..... 

We're still in the woods, reuniting, when I realize that none of this made sense. How the heck did I end up with Gale?

"Gale...what happend?" I ask.

He starts with a look of concer on his face. "Well, I was in district 2, thinking about how long I haven't seen you, so I decided to come visit. When I opened the door to your house, bread boy answered. He--" I interrupt him. "his name is PEETA!" I say, sort of yelling at the word Peeta.

"What!? What!? Katniss are you okay?!" to my surprise, a few yards away I saw a frantic Peeta searching for me. He looked over and sees me, and runs so fast he practically stumbles over to me.

"Katniss! Are you okay!? Are you hurt?!" his piercing blue eyes fall to my ankle, and his eyes get wide. "What happend to your ankle!? Does it hurt?! Does it--" "Peeta!" I laugh. I shut him up with a kiss. Gale gives a slight growl. Both Gale and Peeta help me up. Peeta looks at Gale, and I see his eyes get dark and angry,and he looks at me. I quickly nod my head no slightly and thank God he caught it. So Peeta looks at Gale and smiles, but I can still see that hint of anger in his eyes. But Peeta starts talking to Gale like he's not angry at all.

"Hi Gale, nice to see you again. How's district 2 and--" Peeta is interrupted by a punch from Gale in the stomach. Horrified, Peeta comes up and swings at Gale's jaw.

"You just had to come prancing along, didn't you bread boy?" Gale snaps awkwardly, since his jaw is already swelling up. Both of them continue to kick and swing at each other. I thrust myself between them. Their arms get caught on me, and we all begin rolling and stumbling until we all roll deep in the pond. I swim to the surface before both of them, and I see Gale come up and swinging random punches about.

"Stop it!" I yell at Gale. He scowls, but then stops. A few seconds pass. "Peeta?" I say. No response. I look around and gasp. "Peeta!" I scream. I thrust myself underwater, looking frantically for him. I open my eyes underwater. At the bottom of the pond, I see Peeta. His fake leg had been caught in a tangle of thick weeds. Peeta may be unbelievably strong, but he can't swim at all. He's struggling to get free, and I lunge to the bottom of the pond, ripping weeds as fast as I can.

That's when I see his body go limp.

I scream underwater, and lose all my breath. Feeling lightheaded, I pull Peeta with all my might, who is much heavier now with all his muscle, to the surface of the water. I gasp for air and drag Peeta to the shore. I slap him, hoping that would wake him up. It doesnt.

Gale grins. "Here, let me try!" he says, raising his hand. I grab his wrist. "NO." I scowl. Then I remember. CPR! That's what Finnick did to bring Peeta back to life once. So I preform mouth to mouth CPR.

Slowly, Peeta's eyes open again. His big blue eyes wander around until they fall on Gale. He gives him a huge grin, and pulls me down for another long kiss.