Chapter 7 part 2

Casey was always a warm cheerful person; she was the sunshine just like I was darkness. She could put a smile on anyone’s face; maybe that was the reason she was so popular amongst our school now she was hyper like a bunny on a sugar rush so when she became serious like right then you knew something wasn’t good. It was bad, quiet bad.

“Yeah I know that but what exactly is going on Case? What happened to keep you away like that?” I questioned.

Serena’s presence was a quiet hum in the back of my mind right now; clearly she didn’t want to interfere but at the same time I could feel her approval in the questions I asked.

Casey didn’t answer for a few minutes’ instead traced invisible patterns on my bed.

“Case what is it?” I frowned; I had never seen this side of Casey. Instead of a fiery wolf she looked like a meek helpless cub. When she looked up I saw hesitation in her eyes but a nodded her to speak and she did.

“Rose remember on the first day of school whe-n” she voice broke but she cleared it and continued “When I told you that the alpha’s son was back”. This time she looked me straight in the eyes, trying to see if this would cause some sort of hurt. Of course remembering what they did hurt and I flinched internally but as close as we were Casey didn’t need to see that right now, so I held my ground and tried to stay indifferent.

“What about it?” I asked in an emotionless voice, she sighed and spoke again.

“Well the thing is that, hi-s his friends are back too” I nodded but I was still confused, that was a given of course they would be back too if Jared was.

His name sent sparks of anger through my veins, but I had to keep myself in control so I closed me eye and took deep breaths to calm myself down. It worked and I opened them to see Casey staring at me.

“You know what Case, just say it. Stop with all the hesitation and say whatever it no matter how bad it is. It will be better that way; I’ve had worse before this can’t be that bad right. Anyway you know the bandage effect right this way will be more easier this way” I told her sternly

“Just rip it off in one go and not pulling it off slowly right” I said with a small voice.

“Exactly” I smiled, mimicking hers, she nodded at my words.

“Okay here goes” she huffed “Jared’s friends came back and last Monday the whole pack had a meeting and everyone had to go, it wasn’t a request it was an order. The whole of the pack had to attend. I know your thinking that you purposely weren’t invited and your right. The meeting was about you or rather against you” she said with tears in her eyes. This was no surprise to me of course it was about me who else was there whom the pack hated so much.

“Yeah its alright that I wasn’t invited or made to attend but if the alpha was so bent on making everyone attend, then why didn’t Liam go too?” I frowned,

“Liam, well he wasn’t feeling well and so the alpha personally allowed him to rest” she stated simply while looking away. Okay something didn’t seem right there, Liam was fine when he met me. He even ran to get the doctor, but I decided not to push it and let Casey continue on.

“So what was it about?”

“The-y they wanted you to be punished for what you did to Jar-ed and his friends, their parents said that they had enough of you and they wanted some sort of vengeance for what you did to the boys. So they cut you of from the pack link” she said in a chocked voice.

“Oh” I whispered

‘So that’s why you couldn’t contact Casey or anyone else from the pack’ Serena commented.