Chapter 8 part 2

“Are you sure you don’t need anything else Esmerelda?” I asked her again.  I knew it would be getting annoying but I wanted her to feel comfortable, after all she was risking the wrath of the pack by helping me like this.

“Yes, dear rose I’m fine. I have everything I need with me, you should get going  otherwise you’ll be late and they will have an excuse to expel you” she spoke with compassion her on face.

“You know about that?” I frowned, was such a mundane thing as an expultion  the topic of the packs discussion.

‘I guess it is’ Selena said

‘Yeah’

“Does everyone know about this?” I asked her while leaning against the door as Case drove her car to my house.

“Yes” she whispered guiltily. I nodded at that. So I was the news of the week, it wasn’t the first time it happened and clearly won’t be the last time, there was no use getting upset over it I told myself. I could feel Serena’s approval at that.

Casey’s car was in view now a so I stood up and thanked Esmerelda.

“Thank you Esmerelda for what you are doing for my mother. I know the danger you have put yourself in and I am grateful very that.”                                  

“Dear child you helped me and I was in your debt, I am simply reapying you the kindness that you showed me” she said earnestly. I smiled at that, she was like me; I hated to be indebted to someone and now both our debts was equal.

“Still thank you again”, I said. Before she could reply I ran towards the car as it rounded towards the turn to my house. Without stopping Casey turned the car to the road that led to town as I jumped into the passenger seat and laid my head back enjoying the wind in my hair.

Casey understood what I needed so she stayed quiet. I was surrounded in peace and it felt amazing, I felt the presence of another wolf in the backseat and knew by the scent who it was.

“Hey Liam, any reason you decided to ride with Case here today” I asked casually without opening my eyes. I knew exactly why he was riding with us, but I wanted to hear it from him.

“Rose” he just replied curtly.

“Oh wow Liam you’re not even going to answer my question” I opened my eyes and stared at him forcing him to talk to me.

“I am not going to tell you something you already know the answer to Rose.” My anger escalated at that.

“Of course I know what it is, do you think that I am so weak that I can’t even protect myself.” I said clenching my jaw and turning my face towards him and continued, “I’ve never needed anyone to protect me before and I sure as hell don’t need anyone now.”

“Rose don’t you think  I know that but you haven’t  been  to school for the past week I know what they have planned for you and trust me it is not good” he said crossing his arms.

I opened my mouth to tell him I could take them but Casey beat me to it,

“Both of you stop acting like children,” she snapped at both of us

“Rose knows this Liam, I told her last night” she glared at him in the front mirror