ûndêvîgintî

I stirred when I heard a pair of click and clack sound of heels entered my room. Elise grabbed the piece of ornamented white cloth with richly-embroidered hangings that is suspended over the bed. I anticipated to shield my eyes from the bright sunlight that beams against the glossy glass window, however, I recalled I was not in my house. I was in the depths of the netherworld, where no sun or moon above the colossal sky.

"Good Morning, m'lady" She blandly tied the white cloth with a short black cloth.

"Morning," I collapsed my head on the elegant pillow resting on a sheet-draped bolster as I hummed a song, perceiving the relaxing ambience the fireplace brought about.

"How's your sleep?" Elise gets down on her knees adjacent the rustic stone hearth for burning woods. She grabbed few small chopped branches from the iron rusty log box and threw it inside the ash filled bed of coals then snapped her fingers. Blue to red flame emerged from her long, slender index finger like it was a candle being lit with a matchstick.

"I didn't get enough sleep. Maybe its the room or something." I twiddled my feet that hung on the edge of the bed. Elise placed an adjustable fire screen shield shaped panel brocaded with silk and gilded wood mounted on a tripod leg to reduce the discomfort of excessive heat from a log fire.

Last night, from time to time I shut my eyes, hugged the extra snug pillow, concentrate and dream. However, I could not. I barely reached the rapid eye movement stage of sleep, my mind was floating somewhere in the outer space and the milky way.

I do not know if our confession last night was a good timing since I did not imagine it to happen that way. I imagined it like those in the fairy tale, the prince kisses the princess then wakes up from her deep slumber or the prince rescues the princess from a wicked evil stepmother or like Romeo and Juliet dying together. Maybe not the latter, though something happily ever after.

All night I was shifting to whatever position I can think of, I slept horizontally. I slept vertically. I slept diagonally. I even tried to sleep while my eyes are wide open, hoping that I will not strain my tired eyes or dirt might plunged in my eyes which may possibly cause corneal abrasions.

And like any horror movies have depicted, abandoned mansions, castles such as this have eerie noises in the corridor, everywhere. The creaking and banging sound of the doors, the blowing and whistling of the wind creeping inside my room kept me awake and scared. Especially the voices that scream my name over and over again, telling me that He is near.

Alone, I curled my physique on the soft featherbeds under a fine linen sheets and covered myself with the luxurious blanket lined with fur, sleepless.

Elise wanted to accompany me and sleep together last night, but the revelation of emotion made it awkward. Embarrassing, not the typical definition of awkward. The innocent sleeping together may escalate quickly into something perverted if we are laying in the same bed. In my mind, that is. To my disappointment, I politely declined her offer. 

Although cuddling and hugging her soft, curvy warm body instead of a lifeless, stiff, cold, non responding pillow was a great Idea.

Elise used a pumping like device which consists of a flexible bag with a pair of rigid boards with handles linked with flexible leather to supply the blast of air in order to intensify the flame burning the dried chopped woods. She glanced over her shoulder, catching my devious smile.

"What's the smile for, m'lady?" The light from the fireplace, glistened her fiery wavy waist long red hair. She is unquestionably beautiful.

"Come here..." I gestured my index finger for her to come close.

Elise swiftly glided along the carpeted floor, towards my position. I pushed my arms against the mattress as I angled my head to see her trancing forward like a predator lioness closing the perimeter that her prey deer might leap and escape to somewhere else.

"Closer…" She crawled on the bed, her eyes glued to me.

She successfully entranced her prey, hovering on top of me and straddling my waist. Her body sultriness commanded my cardiac muscle to pump blood boisterously through my vascular system to compensate the uncontrollably full tilt beating of my heart against my rib cage.