She Makes Me So Nervous

Chapter 7:

 Elliot's POV

            I soon realized that making Izzie walk up these stairs was a bad decision. I waited for her halfway and picked her up bridal style. She gasped, surprised or hurt, I don't know but I'm going to find out soon. Maybe not today, but someday, or at least hope so. I feel like there is going to be more time to talk. Plus, she just moved here, and I feel like she needs to settle in before we start getting into our personal lives. I don't know why I feel like we've known each other for years, but I do, and it's making it very hard to take it slow, I mean I already call her babe and do all the romantic stuff with her.

            Walking into my bedroom, I flipped on the light with a free hand. I sat her down on the bed, and held up a finger. Telling her one minute. I ran downstairs and grabbed an icepack with a rag and jogged back up. I sat next to her and handed her the ice.

"Thank you." She said, softly.

I smiled warmly, "You're welcome." 

            She pulled up her shirt a little bit and put the ice on it gasping, then wincing. I frowned but held my comments. I knew when she was ready to talk, she would tell me.

"Just lay down and take your shirt off. I'm not going to look at anything." I said.

"You perv." She said, not budging.

"No really babe, I'm not going to look. It would be a lot easier if you just did it. You're hurt and I'm not going to sit here and check you out. I can do that another time." I winked.

            She blushed, but complied. She slowly and gingerly took off the Nike blue shirt she had on. I pushed her down on the bed, pulling the covers up over her legs and half of stomach. Figuring it would make her feel a little better. She smiled, but the smile was replaced with a frown when she put the ice back on her side and hip. I lay down next to her, wanting to ask what happened. But I didn't want to ruin the mood.

"Can I ask you what happened?"  I asked softly.

"I don't want to lie to you, so please don't." She whispered, closing her eyes.

"Did you fall or something?" I asked.

"No."

"Sports?"

"No."

"Did someone do it to you?" I said softly, again.

            She stayed silent this time, she didn't say anything. Which then I knew I was correct. I gripped a pillow into my hand and through it across the room, completely and utterly pissed off. Who would hit a girl? A fucker, that's who. I stood up and paced back and forth in the room. I glanced over at Izzie and saw a tear go down her face. I got even more pissed, and punched my computer chair in the corner. If I ever find that fucker I'm going to beat him to a pulp.

"Elliot." Izzie whimpered.

            My head snapped up and I instantly relaxed. But, tensed up when I saw more tears rushing down her face. I know that I don't know her that well, but I'm still going to be here for her. Hopefully she has a friend or parent to talk to. I walked over too her and laid down on the bed next to her. Then, I pulled her close to me, wrapping my arms around her waist gently, placing her head on my chest. I heard her sobs grow louder and louder. I whispered incoherent words to her as I rubbed circles into her hip, trying to make it all feel better.

"Shh. It's okay. It's going to be okay." I whispered into her ear. 

"No, not it's not." She whimpered once again.