Trust Takes Time

Chapter 6:

 Izzie's  POV

 Slowly limping to school was my agenda today. I was already late but I didn't really care, I was hurting for god's sake. I was supposed to be at the soccer sign ups at school yesterday so I completely forgot since I was at Elliot's. With that, I called the coach and he said he would allow me to do half my try outs today since I was new. My father hurt me pretty bad last night and it's normal, but I'll never get used to it. He punched me right in my side and the bruise trailed down to my upper thigh. He sure got me good. I whimpered as I had to step down from the sidewalk to cross the road. I heard a big bass stereo from a car coming towards me, but letting me get across, very slowly. I looked over at the driver, and glared.

 My eyes widened as I saw who it was, Elliot. I grimaced and tried to walk across the road without limping and showing him any sign of pain. He parked on the side of the road next to some of the little shops in town, hopped out of the expensive car and walked over towards me.

"Hey, where you going?" Elliot asked.

 "Soccer tryouts, I completely forgot they were yesterday, and coach said that he would let me do half of them today and half of them Wednesday."

 "Oh, I see. You want a ride?" He asked again.

 "Nah. It's fine. You go ahead." I said smiling softly.

 "No, get in the car babe."

 "Make me, babe." I smirked.

 "Oh, you really want to play that game?" He smirked right back.

 "Mhm. I sure do." I said crossing my arms across my chest, making sure to raise an eyebrow. My side was throbbing, and I really wanted a ride. But, I started it, so I have to finish it.

 He didn't say anything; he just walked towards me slowly with an evil glint in his eye. I stood my ground and raised my head higher to look him straight in the eye. He chuckled and reached out and grabbed my waist, which caused me to wince. Thankfully, he didn't notice. But when he threw me over his shoulder is when he sure did notice. I groaned in pain and grabbed my side. Elliot rushed me over to his car and gingerly sat me down on his leather seats. I sucked in breath through my teeth and continued to grab my side. Elliot looked at me worried and looked at me with sorrow. I shook my head, letting him know I wasn't going to tell him anything.

 "Not right now, I'll tell you later," I winced. "Just take me to the tryouts." Elliot looked like he was going to turn down what I just said, I raised my eyebrows. He sighed, and nodded his head and shut the door. I took a deep breath and sat up, before he got into the car. He got in to the car, not saying a word and shut the door. I sighed, gratefully that he started up the car and went in the direction I was going to.

 "I'm already late. So you don't have to rush that much." I whispered.

 He nodded, gripping the steering wheel tighter. I frowned and looked out the window, watching the scenery fly by. I really need to get out and see all the little stores. As soon as we got to the school, Elliot hopped out of the car and jogged to the passenger side to get me out. I smiled, thanking him for helping me and started to limp to the soccer field.

 "How are you going to do tryouts if you're limping that bad?" He yelled at me.

 "I don't know, I'll just tell him I hurt my hip." I shrugged.

 "I'll come with you and help explain a lie better." He joked.

 I ignored him and kept limping towards the field. Let's just hope that the coach is still there. By the time I got there it was about 12:30 and coach was still sitting there, thank god. I walked down by him and smiled sheepishly.