Cave of Hira

Bismillah hir rahmanir raheem

Assalamualaikum my wonderful brothers and sisters! How are you all? Hope you're doing well inshallah!

I have been given the honour as assistant manager on ProjectDeenoverDunya account. As my first job, I wrote an article for the first issue of the magazine. Please do check it out guys and I have also decided to publish it here:

أعوذ بالله من الشيطان الرجيم
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

''A'uzhu billahi minash shaitanir rajim''
"Bismillahir rahmanir rahim"

I seek shelter in Allah from the rejected Satan'
In the name of Allah, the most Gracious, the most Merciful.

Assalamualaikum warahmatulahi wabarakatuhu brothers and sisters (May the peace, mercy, and blessings of Allah be with you). Today I an delighted to have the privilege of sharing with one of the most amazing life changing events ever to occur in history. Today I will share with you information about Prophet Muhammad (SAW) meeting with the Angel Jibreel. Prophet Muhammad (SAW) is the final messenger and was given the khatam (the seal of the prophet hood). By the mercy and love of my Lord, I have managed to gather information from different sources and interpret them into my own words to produce for you an article today on explain this meeting. Now without further ado, let us start.

Muhammad (SAW) was an ordinary man who was loved by society. His kind words and humble actions caused him to be loved everywhere. But when he witnessed a life changing event, he was honoured as a Prophet of Allah (SWT) and he was known by many. It was the month of Ramadan and  Muhammad (SAW) was prostrating to his Lord in the Cave of Hira.

The Angel Jibreel suddenly appeared in front of Muhammad (SAW) and as the ball of light hit him, he looked up: shocked. Angel Jibreel commanded Muhammad (SAW) to read the words that seemed to pop up before him. Muhammad (SAW) could not read and told the Angel so but the Angel once again commanded him to read. Once again, Muhammad (SAW) said that he can not read but this time, the Angel Jibreel read an ayat from the Qur'an on Muhammad (SAW).

"Read in the name of your Lord who created (96.1). He created man from a clot (96.2). Read and your Lord is the most honorable (96.3) who teaches by the pen (96.4). He taught man what he did not know (96.5)."

Muhammad (SAW) recited the verses and he felt as though the words were engraved into his heart. His soul was purified and he felt warm. But when he left the cave he heard a loud voice. The voice was only heard by him and it spoke,

"You are Muhammad (SAW) and you are the messenger of Allah (SWT) and I am Angel Jibreel,"

The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) turned around to see the Angel Jibreel behind him. He turned back around again and once again the Angel was standing in front of him. Wherever he would turn, the Angel would be there and again, the Angel spoke the same words as before,

"You are Muhammad (SAW) and you are the messenger of Allah (SWT) and I am Angel Jibreel,"

Muhammad (SAW) ran home to his wife, Khadija (RA) and said to her,

"Cover me, cover me!"

In fear, he was trembling whilst laying on the couch covered in the cloak. He recalled everything and told his wife. Khadija (RA) went to her cousin, Waraqah, and told him the story too. He was amazed by the words and told the prophet Muhammad (SAW) that the this was the same Namus (i.e.Angel Jibreel) who had come to Musa (AS). He also said that Muhammad (SAW) was the messenger of Allah (SWT) and that he would have joined him if he were young and able. Waraqah also said that the people would doubt you, I'll treat you and drive you away from your home.

After this, the prophet received more verses of the Qur'an but this was then followed by a period with no revelation. This worried the prophet into thinking he had committed a sin or said something that ruined his connection between him and Allah (SWT). Subhanallah - such a beautiful bond he created with his Lord! Take this as an example guys and make your bond special like this with our Creator! Khadija (RA) reassured the prophet that he was a good man and that he did not do anything wrong.

Later, Muhammad (SAW) started receiving more verses again and started prwcahing about them and learning more about Islam. Alhamduillah! Muahmmas (SAW) started telling many of his close companions about the even that took place but told them not to tell anyone and conceal the information.

After Khadijah (RA), the people that believed in the prophet were Ali and Zayd. Ali was only ten years old and Zayd was a slave who had no influence in the Makkan Society. After them Abu Bakr, from the tribe of Taym, accepted Islam. He was a well-mannered and liked person who was well respected by the Arabs of Makkah. He was also a successful merchant. He used to tell some of his close friends whom accepted Islam at his hands. The first people to convert were those who knew the prophet Muhammad (SAW) well. The knew of his good character. The knew that the Qur'anic Verses were those of the creator and that they were not just words and poems composed by the prophet Muhammad (SAW).

Muhammad (SAW's) popularity was seen as threatening by the people in power in Mecca. Muhammad (SAW) then took his followers on a journey from Mecca to Medina in 622. This journey is known as The Hijrah (migration) and the event was seen as so important for Islam that 622 is the year in which the Islamic calendar begins.

Muhammad (SAW) was able to return and conquer Mecca as he gained many followers within ten years. From this time on he was generally accepted by the faithful as the true final Prophet of God. Muhammad (SAW) continued to lead his community both spiritually and in earthly matters until his death in 632. Innalilahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon.

Such a beautiful story I shared today. Subhanallah! I hope you all benefit from it. Inshallah. Aameen summa aameen!

Allah Hafiz💙