Wishes On A Falling Star: Part Three

My eyes drooped as I flopped back back on my bed. I sighed in content, school is a lot harder than I remembered. My books were piled high and there was an assignment in every single class. After school i had gone to the library and sat for hours finishing every assignment. Finally I fished my homework and trudged to my dorm completely exausted. I closed my eyes happy that i had time to relax nothing. I had nothing but time to myself and sweet silence... Bang, Bang, Bang. There was a knock on the door. Ugh, leave me alone, I thought as i covered my ears with my pillow trying to block out the sound.

"You set this up." I heard Jesse's voice on the other side of the door "Come on Tiffany, open the door." he said and I felt myself rise and trudge to the door almost as in a trance and flung it open, yawned and waved at him. I walked back to my bed and I pulled my blanked of the end of the bed. I curled up in a ball as he walked in. "So what do we do now?" he asked as he stuffed his hands in his pockets uncomfortably, rocking back and forth on his feet.

"Hmm?" I asked trying to keep my eyes open "Oh, yeah" I said sitting up bringing my knees to my chest "The project." I said tiredly.

"You look like crap." He said laughing at me. I watched him, mesmerized by his musical laugh. He stopped laughing as soon as he saw me staring and cleared his face of any emotion "Can we get this over with?" he asked suddenly impatient.

"Fine." I mumbled pulling myself from the comfy bed. I walked over to the keyboard that had just been delivered a moment ago. "Do you play?" I asked him as i tapped the keys. He shook his head vigorously. "Oh, um do you write much?" I asked. He shook his head once again. I frowned and sighed in frustration, he wasn't giving me much to work with. I stared at him looking in his deep blue eyes, noticing they had specks of silver floating in the large irises "You said you like working by yourself." I said putting my hands on my hips staring at him fixedly "Well the thing about me is I can't work with someone I don't know." He continued to just stare at me as I waited for him to say something. I threw my hands in the air, officially aggravated "Honestly can't you tell me something about yourself, show me an emotion, something!" I said walking up to him getting in his face. He leaned away from me slightly as if I was a plague. I sighed, my anger melting to depression "You asked what we needed to do first and getting to know each other is it. If we don't do that than this project is pointless and we're going to fail." I said shaking my head walking back to sit on my bed as he stood unmoving.

"I have a 4.2 GPA, and I'm taking all AP classes, I've never failed an assignment in my life and I've never got anything less than an A on a test or paper." He said still staring at the floor. I looked at him surprised and completely captivated. I've never known anyone who cared so much about their school work. "So what else do you want to know?" he asked finally looking at me. I finally found his week spot, school work.

I shrugged my shoulders "I don't know... Everything?" I suggested smiling at him in hopes he would smile back. He turned up the corners of his mouth a little and dropped them quickly. "Come on." I said patting the bed next to me. He hesitated for a moment frowning deeper then slowly made his way over to me. I rolled my eyes and scooted over making more room for him, figuring he would want space. He cleared his throat and sat down next to me awkwardly keeping to his self.

"If I have to talk to you and stuff" he started "then you have to tell me about you too." I nodded and pulled my knees up to my chest getting comfy.

"So where ya from?" I asked him as he stared at the floor.

"Maine." He shrugged and answered my next question before I had a chance to ask it "I live with my parents by the ocean. I have a younger sister and she's 8." I watched in amazement as he smiled to himself. He stunned me by suddenly looking at me "Everyone says she looks just like me." His blue eyes lit up as he talked about his sister. "What about you?" he said. I could almost watch his guard slowly coming down around him, as he got used to me. I smiled at him and laid back, flopping my head on the pillow and stared at the white ceiling.