Wishes On A Falling Star: Part Five

Well this is part one of two! I'm going to post this other part in a second! :) lol this part is a little boring i just had to set up the next few parts of an overly dramatic story :) Well i'm going to go upload the rest of it i can and start writing again!!! Sorry i'm obsessed with my own story!! and it's not even that good! Well without further delay! Part number 5!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I am just so lucky to be where I am." I continued to babble as Jesse and I made our way to lunch.

"There's nothing lucky about hard work." He countered. We were walking down the hall arguing about something stupid in usual. His arm was loosely draped around my shoulder and my arm was wrapped around his waist as we walked toward the cafeteria. We hadn't quite got the walking together thing down; we would constantly bump into each other causing one of us (usually me) to veer away from the other. He would always pull me back until we were walking comfortably again.

"But there is something lucky about acing an audition." I said factually. He shook his head and I sighed, what did he know? I looked at our feet walking perfectly in sync, it was amazing what could happen in two weeks. It'd been two weeks since he'd said he thought of me as a friend and now we were closer than close. We ate lunch together, usually joined by Sara, studied together, walked to class together, we did everything together. For the first time in my life I had a best friend. "So, what are we doing tonight since we no longer have a song to work on." I asked him. We had turned in our song and I gave a live presentation of it this morning. Mr. Canfield had surprisingly really got into it. He'd danced and laughed and in the end he ended up giving us an A.

"I don't know." I could almost hear him shrug "We could study?" I stopped edging forward in the line and turned to give him a skeptic look.

"Study? Really? You've got to be kidding me." I said turning back to finally grab my lunch tray. "We're free to do anything we want, for the first time since we met, and you still want to study?" He is unbelievable.

"Well, what did you have in mind?" he challenged me. I tapped my chin thoughtfully, there wasn't exactly much to do on campus.

"You know I've never been to your room." I thought aloud "or we could just hang out, you know watch a movie?" I asked him hopefully. I handed the lunch lady my tray and she filled it with greasy mush.

"That could work." He said lightly as we walked to the table. Sara was waiting, bouncing up and down excited about something again.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked sitting next to her only half aware of the answer she was giving me.

"...and he asked me to the dance this Friday!" she squealed. Wait... what was she talking about? I suddenly wished I had been paying attention. I looked at Jesse desperately hoping he had been listening.

"Some guy asked her to the dance this Friday." He whispered in my ear sounding completely uninterested.

"Wait, there's a dance this Friday?" I asked looking back at forth between them two. How come I hadn't heard anything about it?

"Yeah, duh! This is like the biggest dance there is here! Other than prom of course..." She kept babbling about it the rest of lunch. Apparently it was a formal so everyone was expected to dress their best. The theme this year was a black and white ball. The rest of the day it seemed as if the whole school had heard my lunch conversations. Guys were asking me to the dance forward and backward. They wouldn't leave me alone! They all wanted to say they went to a dance with Tiffany Reese, there was no real interest in going with me. I kindly turned down every offer giving them one excuse after another. Apparently this dance was a big deal, everyone got dressed up and got a date and spent all year planning for it. I couldn't believe so much effort went into an event that most kids didn't even dance at anyway.