Chapter 48 (Gluttony: The Voices of Light and Dark)

In Days of Yore

Azazel's POV

Thirsty... Hungry... My body yearned for something to devour, but aside from that, my mind was hungry for knowledge, I wanted to read... I wanted to write!

I felt ill and the air inside this white empty room felt suffocating...

One day... The door opened and entered a girl...

She was...

Ro: "How you holding up?"

Azazel: "...."

Ro: "You look like you could use some company..."

Azazel: "What do you want?"

Ro: "Nothing really, I'm just here as a friend... You feelin hungry? I brought you something to eat."

...Without a second thought I accepted her offer... As I bite into the meat and bread that she brought, I felt my hunger subside, the tea she brought was cold and refreshing and it quenched my thirst...

Azazel: "Why are you doing this...?"

...The gesture was kind and loving, however, I couldn't openly express my gratitude while I was masked with doubt... She must have a reason for this...

Ro: "I... Just want you to go back...to the way you were..."

Azazel: "What?"

Ro: "On the day when you arrived... When you and I played games together, I was having fun, but you didn't... I thought I could fill the emptiness in your heart but... No one can replace another... So I tried doing it my own way... guess it didn't work..."

Azazel: "So you're point is...?"

Ro: "Just give up on whatever it is your doing... Return to us, we'll accept you if you just promise to never do what you did again."

Azazel: "So I just say that I've changed and I want to go back, is that it? Do you really think it's that simple!?"

Ro: "It's a first step! And at the very least you tried! You're crime is Betrayal, but with enough good deeds, you are sure to roam free. So please..."

Azazel: "Ro... Thank you for the meal... You may now go..."

Ro: "Just think about what I said..."

...She opens a gate and then jumps into it leaving the room... I watch as the gate close... and whisper...

Azazel: "Once again... Thank you for the meal..."

A day before Zeb went Berserk...

...Neptune and the others left Zeb to take care of Neptunio, while they ventured into the void with DeVian...

Adult Neptune: "So we ended up going huh, but is there really any assurance that this isn't an elaborate trap?"

Neptune: "Oh don't worry Big Me, I know this guy had some trouble with Noire and Uni, but hey! It's not so bad once you get to know your enemies, and later on they become allies, and even go as far as become frien-"

DeVian: "Not a chance..."

Nepgear: "he really doesn't wanna go beyond that..."

Edge Gear: "Shhh~ Don't make him shoot that pistol again..."

Shatana: "To be frank I'm more terrified about the person behind me..."

Plutia: "Hmmm? What was that? Did you say anything Shatty~?"