Chapter 35 (UNSEALING: Habgierig )

Weiz's POV

It was dark... It was cold... Where am I...? Am I still alive...?

Nothing for me to hear... nothing for me to see...

Just what is this place..?

Just where could I be...?

Weiz: "Hello..!? Is anyone there!?"

...I tried to call out... but no one answered... instead... I felt something from beneath me...

Weiz: "Ah! W-water...?'

...I took a step and noticed a splashing underneath me... I look down and saw my reflection!

Weiz: "Ah!"

...It moved on its own!? And then suddenly, it rose up from the murky depths and stood in front of me...

Weiz: "What the hell..?"

Shadow: "Now you've done it..."

Weiz; "What?"

Shadow: "You knew that this would happen... And yet you kept yearning for meaningless power."

Weiz: "No... That's not what I..."

Shadow: "Don't lie!"

Weiz: "Ah!"

Shadow: "You loved it... you enjoyed it!"

Weiz: "No!"

Shadow: "You caused so much pain... Not just to those girls but to your people as well! All this want for needless strength... for meaningless power, for blood... for tears... All this power and for what!? The lives you've ruined because you left them to stagnation... The things you've done! YOU'RE GUILTY! GUILTY!"

Weiz: "N-no... That's not what I wanted to do! I never asked for that... I only wanted to protect that which was dear to me-"

CRACKLE!

Shadow: "...Why...? Why do you still try to fool yourself...?"

Weiz: "What...?"

Shadow: "You're nothing but an avarice wraith... You wanted more than what you could handle... You didn't want anyone to succeed you, you wanted to sit at the top being held as strongest BASTARD WHO EVER LIVED!"

...I fell to my knees... I didn't want to accept it but, I knew that what shadow was telling me... was indeed true... from the very beginning, I wanted to tower over everyone, I wanted to conquer all with the power in my hands...

Shadow: "Only one thing can cleanse this sin of yours..."

Weiz: "What...?"

Shadow: "A PAINFUL DEATH!"

...the shadow summoned a battle axe similar to mine... It was about to cut me down to size... I looked at the weapon which was about to end my life... I didn't resist... I felt nothing... no more hope, no more dreams... No more Will... I had given up...

???: "NO!!!"

...CLANG!

suddenly two voices echoed through the darkness... they rang clearly in the dark realm and then with a single flash of pure white light, a hammer clashed with the battle axe, breaking through it and smashing the shadow into a pulp... When the shadow tried to recreate itself a cold breeze washed over the place and froze the shadow, preventing it from ever coming back...

From my point of view, a scepter and a hammer existed... Two girls both having the same physical structure but ultimately different... They shed pure light into this dark realm...