Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

I woke up with someone ringing the doorbell. Mukhang naidlip ata ako kanina matapos kong basahin ‘yung sulat ni Greg. I looked at the peephole and saw Lee standing outside my door.

Binuksan ko ‘yung pinto and greeted him. “Hi. Anong ginagawa mo dito?” tanong ko.

“I heard you were sick. I bought you this.” He handed me a basket full of fruits. He’s so sweet.

“You don’t have to buy me fruits, Lee. Wala pa naman akong sakit talaga. Masama lang ang pakiramdam ko.”

“Don’t you want to invite me in?” He asks.

“Oh all right. If you insists. C’mon in.” I opened the door widely para makapasok siya.

He stepped into the living room at agad ko naman siyang pinaupo sa sofa. Pero hindi niya ginawa ‘yun. Instead he followed me into the kitchen.

“What would you like? A bottle of beer?”

“A glass of water would do.”

When I handed him the glass of water, nasagi naman ng konti ‘yung mga kamay namin. After the night at the party, tila’ nako-kuryente na ako sa balat niya. Everytime na nagkakasagi or hinahawakan niya ako.

He looked at me straight in the eye and said, “You know, I really want to say sorry ‘dun sa nangyari sa party.” Nagulat naman ako. He was sorry? “And also, I want you to know that I know you’re the one responsible for slashing Hanna’s tires.” He said smiling. Obviously, aliw na aliw siya ‘dun sa kababalaghan na ginawa ko sa kotse ng soon-to-be girlfriend and future wife niya.

I snorted and laugh. “Why did you do it?” tanong pa niya.

“She pisses me off.” I answered. “What?  Are you going to report me to the cops?” tanong ko sa kanya nang mahuli ko siyang nakatitig.

“Nope. But I could kiss your smart mouth.” He said, his voice was husky.

“But I thought you were sorry for that night at the party?” I asked. He took a step forward. We’re too close. Konting-konti na lang magdadampi na ang aming mga labi.

“No. I was sorry because I didn’t kiss you that night.” He said, touching my cheeks with his right hand. “Would you take a step backwards if I kiss you, Liz?”

“Not a chance in hell.” I muttered. He smiled and leaned his head. I closed my eyes as his lips found mine. It was a slow, torturous kiss.

I opened my mouth to accept his tongue. We kissed and kissed until we’re out of breath. Our lips parted, breaking the kiss to get some air. He looked at me intently with a pained expression on his face. “Liz?”

Before he could ask the question we both been wanting to hear, I answered him. “Yes.”

He laughed and then kissed me again. He carried me towards the bedroom to do something incredibly nasty but yummy.

 ****

Nagising ako nang maramdaman ko ang marahang paghalik ni Lee sa aking batok and with his hands carefully caressing my breast. I moaned when I felt his manliness on my naked behind. Hinarap ko siya and he started kissing my face. “Good morning, doll.” He greeted between kisses.

“Good morning. What time is it? I thought you have some plan scheduled at ten?” I asked him.

“Still eight. A lot of time to do this.” He said as his kisses went down. On my neck, between my breasts and there. And then we’re doing it again and again. At nine o’clock, I pushed myself out of the bed and made breakfast for the two of us. I haven’t eaten last night and with the activities we did, I’m definitely starving.

After we ate, we took a shower together. Kinakailangan ko pa talaga siyang itulak papalabas ng banyo para hindi siya mahuli sa kanyang appointment.

“Hey, Liz. Can I use your phone?” he called from the bedroom. Nasa loob pa rin ako ng shower, ninanamnam ang malamig na tubig na dumadaloy sa aking katawan.

Nagtaka naman ako kung bakit biglang natahimik si Lee sa loob ng kwarto ko. Agad kong isinuot ang aking bathrobe at lumabas ng banyo.

Then, nakita ko siya. Nakatayo siya malapit sa nightstand ko, fully dressed. He looked up and our gazes met. I smiled but he didn’t. Is there something wrong?

“What the hell is this?” he asked. Halatang-halata sa mukha nito ang galit. Malayong-malayo sa soft expressions on his face when we made love last night.

Hawak-hawak niya ang isang napakapamilyar na stationery paper. The list.

“I.. I’ll explain everything.” I said, trying to calm him pero galit na galit talaga siya. I even tried to touch him but he took a step backwards. And it hurts. It fckin’ hurts.

“Then fcking explain!” he snarled. I want to hug him but I’m afraid he would go away. Naiiyak na ako. Bakit ngayon pa nangyari ito?

“I told you about Greg. I told you kung paano ako naghirap to get my life straight without him. To get over him. I needed that list. Para maka-move on. To be finally happy. To be an independent single girl.

“You don’t need a bloody list to be happy.”

“But I do. I’ve been miserable before I got that list. And so I started doing the tasks. I cut my hair, I exercised, I did something extremely dangerous.. I did everything.” Pumiyok ako doon sa huli kong sinabi. Hindi ko siya matingnan ng deritso so pinili ko na lang yumuko.

“So, everything is all about the list? Everything we did together is for the sake of the list? To finally get your single status, isn’t it?” bakas sa boses nito ang pang-uuyam.

“No.. No, not exactly. I.. Sumasama ako sa’yo at ginagawa ko ang mga bagay na ginagawa natin together because I want to. I like being with you.”

“Bullshit!”

“I do like you.” I said as his gaze went to the list.

“You’re almost done with this shit.” He said ngunit bago ko pa siya mapigilan nabasa na niya lahat. “And here I thought you like me. A rebound guy, huh? A guy na pwede mong maloko. A one night stand? I can’t believe you could do such a thing, Liz.” He said na tila’ diring-diri sa akin. I can’t take this. Yung galit niya kaya ko pang tanggapin but disgusted? That hit like a punch to the stomach. “I’m the rebound guy, aren’t I?”

Hindi ko siya magawang sagutin. Hindi ko siya matingnan. Wala akong ibang kayang gawin to defend myself. Alam kong aalis siya.. iiwan niya ako. And I can’t do anything about it. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

He started to walk towards the front door – away from me. Sinundan ko siya. Calling his name. Trying to explain.

But when we reached the front door and he opened it..

Greg was standing there.

“Now you don’t really need that list, Liz.” He muttered. He looked at me and laugh without humor. “You’re back in the game.”

I watched his car pull out of my driveway.

Leaving me with Greg outside my apartment.