Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

I scooped another handful of water from the running tap and sluiced it over my face. Cold water run down my neck and onto my chest. I blinked and then repeated the action.

The towel Jasmin had given to me was soft against my skin as I blotted my face dry. My bra was wet from all the water I’d splashed around, and I blotted it with towel, also, before reaching for my T-shirt that Ann gave to me.

I stood in the center of the bathroom for a moment, looking for something else to delay the moment when I had to exit and face my humiliation.

My sexy red dress was in the corner, a sudden pool of damp, funky-smelling fabric. Aly or maybe it was Charlyn had taken my shoes someplace to clean them.

I closed my eyes. Much of the evening was still a blur but the moment where I’d thrown up all over myself and Doctor Lee was etched in my memory, like acid on a stone.

Of all the men in all the parties in all the world, why did it have to be his boots I’d tossed my cookies on?

At least the nausea was gone. I’d thrown up twice in front of him, then he had calmly manhandled me outside in the distant corner of my very own garden where I’d thrown up a third time. After it had become clear that the urge to purge had passed, the girls (BAKA) had taken over, leading me inside to clean up.

Even though I was feeling markedly less muzzy than I had been, I was still drunk enough to have lost track of time. How long had I been locked in here? An hour? Twenty minutes? I honestly had no idea.

The only way to find out was to gird my loins, open the door and face the music.

The hall was silent when I emerged.I padded on my bare feel into the living area. Empty. The party’s over? I asked myself. And then something or rather than someone caught my eye. There he was. The very fine young man which I was supposed to screw tonight, sleeping in my couch. He look so peaceful, as if I didn’t throw up right in front of him kanina.

Even though he was asleep, I can’t still can’t face him. I mean, if you’d throw up in front of a man I’m sure you can’t face him either. Lalo naman kung sa harap ng isang napaka-guwapong nilalang ka nasuka. Not to mention, I’d thrown up all over his trainers.

I looked at his feet and saw it was bare. His trainers were gone. I didn’t know what happened to them. I wonder kung magkano kaya yun? I owe him a pair of trainers, of course. Sana naman hindi masyadong kamahalan.

I tiptoed my towards the stairs. I need to pass the couch in order for me to reach the stairs. And I’m doing my damn best not to wake him up or else I would have to face him now where I’m not in my most decent state. God, I hope there’s something I can do to wipe his memories sa mga nangyari ngayon. Or else, I wont be able to go out of my house.

I let out a breath – which I realized I’ve been holding since I walked out of the bathroom – when I safely reach the stairs. I wanted to run, but I can’t so I climb up very slowly.

I looked around for the Baka Girls and I saw them sleeping soundly in my guest room. Hah! Nakuha pa talaga nilang matulog ng mahimbing samantalang ako’y halos mamatay na dahil sa kahihiyan. Kasalanan ni Aly to eh. Kung di niya ako itinulak papunta kay Doc kanina, edi hindi sana ako iinom ng napakaraming booze. Hindi ko sana nasukahan yung sapatos niya. Actually, kasalanan nilang lahat ito. Pati yung babaeng nagbigay saken nung list.

I went to bed, blaming everyone sa nangyari sa akin. Whatever. Kahit ano namang gawin kong paninisi, still, gagawin ko pa rin yung nasa listahan. I can’t back out now. Not with the BAKA Girls around, kasi for sure di sila papayag. And of course, I need to do it for myself. I have to.