Chapter 11

Copyright © 2020 by J Malhotra

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods. Any resemblance to the characters featured in this story or other similarities will be taken into investigation, should a need arise and if necessary legal actions will also be taken.

Elena, screamed, shoulders hunched over as she held onto Dean's shoulders.

"Shit!" Dean cursed as he pulled, Elena down to her knees. A second shot hit another car window, exactly in the range where Dean and Elena had stood.

He rolled their two bodies between two cars. Elena began to pant in shock.

"Dean," she managed a whisper in between her rapid breaths. Somewhere, in the distance a car screeched to life and it was roaring nearer them by the seconds. Dean reached into the inside of his leather jacket and pulled out a gun.

Elena's eyes bulged at the sight of the gun in the hand of the man she was to wed soon.

"Wh...why do you?" she muttered, her lips shaking

Without replying, Dean stood up. Taking aim, he fired.

Elena heard glass shatter and the angry wheels of a car at full speed.

Dean reached down fast and grabbed Elena by her arm. He tucked her tightly under his arm. Immediately, he took a big leap as a navy-blue Chevy sped dangerously towards his Lamborghini.

They landed on the floor with Elena on top of his body. Reacting fast, Dean paced towards a nearby wall for cover. Using his free arm, he swept her behind him. Elena held onto Dean for dear life.

Attacked. We are being attacked.

Her heart pounded and her fingers dug into Dean's jacket, clutching the cloth tightly. She peeped over his shoulder and gasped at the sight before her.

At the spot, where they had hidden just seconds ago, a blue Chevy, with a still driver had crashed into Dean's orange Lamborghini. The impact of the crash had caused the Lambo to get banged up bad against another car. If Dean had not pulled both of themselves out in time, she was sure they would have been the fillings of a car sandwich.

The driver of the blue Chevy had a gun shot in his forehead. Elena starred in horror. How did Dean manage to shoot so accurately at a driver whose car was at full speed?

Gun shots pierced the air around them. Dean grabbed Elena's hand and he took off into a sprint, with her running behind him. Her mind whirled as it raced to keep up with what was happening around them. Hearing footsteps behind them, Elena took a quick glance over her shoulder. What she saw made her heart want to leap out of her chest. Several men with guns in their hands ran behind them. Surprisingly, they didn't fire at her or Dean.

Dean rounded a corner and pushed Elena forward towards a pillar with a yellow sports car next to it.

"Down!" He pushed her shoulder down and she took the hint. Kneeling and panting breathlessly. "Stay down!" Dean commanded and pointed his gun at a man running towards them.

Bang! The man dropped dead, the gun fell from his hand.

From where she was squatting, Elena turned around and saw she was near the next level. Her fingers worked ferociously fast to remove her heels. As she hurried to pull the heels of her feet, one by one, Elena saw Dean reach down and pull out another gun which was tucked into a ankle holster. And he fired with both guns at the men running towards them. Panic and fear consumed her whole being.