Chapter 27

Rumors about the crown prince taking over the Prime Minister An's case spread across the capital. The crown prince's mood was dreadful, he didn't know who started the rumors but now he had no choice but to handle the matter.

He even complained to his mother Empress about it, and even though the Empress was not happy, she couldn't interfere with the Emperor's business. After all, women couldn't be a part of the court business as they had no say in it.

Lin Xinglan narrowed her eyes in suspicion, she stared at the black clothed man who was leisurely drinking his tea inside one of the private rooms. Although she didn't have a high IQ, she was no fool.

Having reading so many historical fiction novels, it was impossible for her to not have suspicious thoughts about the crown prince case. Naturally, she had heard a lot of rumors about the crown prince, most of them were bad rumors so she didn't have a good impression on that crown prince.

"Lan, I'm happy that you like to look at me. You can look at me as much as you want." Qiang Jingyi smiled.

Lin Xinglan with her still narrowed eyes, she said, "About the crown prince's situation... You, do you have something to do with it? I know you do."

Qiang Jingyi was surprised and couldn't help but be curious over how his Lan could figured it out.

"Why do you think I did something?"

She coughed awkwardly, "I just know ah."

Qiang Jingyi's eyes held admiration towards her, "Mhm, Lan is amazing as always."

When he said that, Lin Xinglan became dumbfounded and bluntly said, "How can you say that I'm amazing? I'm not as bright as you."

Qiang Jingyi gestured to her by hooking his finger up at her, while she didn't know what he wanted with her, Lin Xinglan still went up to him.

When she was close enough, her nose was pinched by Qiang Jingyi.

He chuckled, "If it wasn't for Lan, how could this lordship still be here in the first place?"

Lin Xinglan rubbed her nose, "You're over-exaggerating, this big sister did not do much. Only taught you the basic knowledge."

He saw how she displayed such an adorable act, it was unavoidable for him to hug her.

It had been a long time since Lin Xinglan referred herself as big sister when she talked with him, Qiang Jingyi was feeling nostalgic.

Truth to be told, he had no idea why she would refer herself as big sister when he was clearly the older one, yet she acted as if she was the one that was older. Perhaps it was out of an old habit, but he didn't mind it.

It was then Lin Xinglan realized Qiang Jingyi changed the topic on purpose, with a black face, she pinched one of his arms that were wrapped around her body.

"Don't think this big sister doesn't know what you're doing."

Qiang Jingyi sighed, as expected, he couldn't always deceive his Lan whenever he felt like. He thought she was sometimes too sharp for her own good.

"You do not need to worry about me. These kind of things, you shouldn't care about. Trust me."

"Who are worrying about who?!" She huffed, "I might be a girl but I'm actually interested over things you're doing! You know... Scheming against people, top secrets... Those kind of things..."

Qiang Jingyi was amused, who would had thought she had such thoughts inside her head. It was very obvious that she was worried about him.

"How would you know if I have any of the things you mentioned?"