Chapter 2

After staying in the world for a few days, Lin Xinglan got to know some information by listening to the villagers and their gossips.

Her body's name was Jian Da, she was the daughter of two normal villagers living in a small village. Apparently, she got into a huge accident and received a life threatening head injury but luckily survived, even though it was thanks to Lin Xinglan's soul transmigrating into the body.

Lin Xinglan immediately hated her name, the parents had a bad taste in naming people. The average looking man's name was Jian Duan, he was just as expected, her father, which meant the woman who had been carrying the baby was her mother, Wen Hua.

Although Lin Xinglan still had no idea about the world, she noticed that the place she was in was almost like ancient China but not exactly the same. To put it simple, the place could said to be similar to ancient China but it wasn't the ancient China. The reason was, the language sounded like ancient Chinese but it wasn't the same, all the characters were different and the meanings too. Even their clothes were mixed up with different Dynasty fashion trends.

Shouldn't I just say that this comes out from a history fantasy novel? If so, I may have it easier to survive... She kept grinning thinking how lucky she would be if she didn't actually just went backward in time, she had heard that it wasn't easy at all living as a commoner, let alone a villager, in ancient China.

Days went to weeks, weeks went to months, and months went to years. Lin Xinglan was now five years old, she had been spending her time to read books that the village had. Since books were expensive for commoners to buy, there weren't many to read, that was seriously a disadvantage for her. In the end, she decided to ask her parents about the world and the place she lived.

The world was divided into four parts; West, East, North and South.
Each part had at least five countries. Naturally, there were still many places left that had been unmentioned because they were places no one had yet found, or similar reasons to it.
Lin Xinglan was in the East, living in a small village called Zhuge Village in Qin, the largest Empire of the East.

The country was currently ruled by Emperor Qiang Zhi Hao with the Empress Huang Ning. It had been said that the Emperor had originally thirty concubines but it soon reduced to six within twenty years. Many of his sons had died either from a mysterious illness or birth, so it was left by only four. What was more surprising to Lin Xinglan was that the Emperor had yet died from some sex disease. Having thirty concubines and an Empress, must he be so lustful? She knew having a wife and many concubines was normal in this world, just like in ancient. But just hearing it made her want to throw up in disgust.

It was a miracle the men hadn't been diagnosed with a disease from having too much sex with different women. Perhaps there were, after all, the world was wide.

Lin Xinglan was relieved the world didn't have cultivation like any other novels she had read, otherwise she was sure she wouldn't survive because she disliked to exercise and she didn't have much courage anyways. Fighting wasn't her style even if she wished to learn martial arts.

All these years, she found that her parents were really hard-working and sweet, they tried their best to pamper her in the best way they could. They were like any normal parents were, they really reminded her of her past lifetime's parents. She missed them dearly, even if she didn't interact with them for the most of the time, they were still her parents who raised her.

Lin Xinglan decided to live peacefully with her parents as a compensation for the originally Jian Da who hasn't had the chance to grow up. Even if she didn't feel like she could become Jian Da, she would still endure it. As long as she lived peacefully with her parents she would try to forget her past life as Lin Xinglan.

"Little Da... How come you aren't playing with the other children from the village?" Her mother, Wen Hua, asked the little girl in front her. She was worried that her daughter didn't get along with the other children.

"Mother, it is not what you think. The children are all lovable but little Da want to focus on helping mother and father!" Plus, I think I'm too old to have the energy to play like children.

Her mother looked at her daughter lovingly, she felt lucky to have such a daughter. Her daughter was still very young yet she had already been thinking about her parents. She didn't know whether to cry or laugh. She hugged her little girl and tried to comfort her, thinking that she had must wanted to play with the children but couldn't because she felt like she should help her parents instead. Such a filial child.

"Poor my little Da, I'm sorry for letting you feel like that. You're only a child, you shouldn't worry about your parents and have fun while you can."

Lin Xinglan felt warm inside her, her mother was really loving and caring.

"Don't worry, little Da rather want to help mother than play with the other children. This way, we can spend more time together as family!" She smiled childishly at her mother, she really looked like an innocent child doing her best for her parents.