Chapter 1

The day was December 25th, it was finally Christmas; truly a beautiful day to celebrate. It was snowing so beautiful that it beat the cold, and the water outside slowly became ice. It was the day Lin Xinglan was most excited over as she couldn't wait to open the Christmas presents.

Together with her family, they were actually supposed to open the presents in the morning but, because of her father coming home late, they decided to open them later. She wasn't happy when she received the news but she couldn't let it get her and destroy the Christmas feeling over something so small.

Finishing breakfast, she decided to watch TV to waste time. Just as she turned on the TV she heard her mother call for her.

"Sweetie, can you please go buy some eggs? It seems like I forgot to buy some... Silly me."

How great, her mother just had to make her run some errands on Christmas. Sighing, she replied, "Okay, mom!"

Putting her jacket and shoes on, she quickly went outside with the money to the nearest convenience store. As the convenience store came into her sight, she suddenly slipped hard, making her fall towards the open roadway with cars running in fast speed.

Just like that, she had been hit by a truck and it became a Hit-and-Run accident. It seemed like, while she was run-walking, she had accidentally stepped on a very slippery part of the walking path. That wasn't something she expected her life to end. Her conscious started to fall down in darkness, waiting for her death only.

She waited, waited and waited but nothing happened, she felt like something was wrong as she could faintly hear voices.

"Is.... okay..? What if.."

"Please... If... Possibly..."

Lin Xinglan tried to open her eyes, a bright light was blocking her sight but it slowly disappeared right after. She looked around and found herself in a very, very unfamiliar room, and before she could look around more, a face came before her eyes.

"Oh my! The baby is still alive, she survived!" It was a very feminine but average face. The woman looked to be in her early twenties, she had tears streaming down from her deep brown eyes. She picked up Lin Xinglan and carried her in her slender arms.

Wait... What baby? Who is this woman? Lin Xinglan was extremely confused. Wasn't she supposed to be dead?

"Darling, what a miracle! I'm so glad our Little Da is alive." Lin Xinglan looked towards the manly voice, there was a man looking to be in his mid twenties. He wasn't manly like his voice as he only looked to be average. The man immediately embraced the woman with the baby being carried in her arms.

This is... Really..

Lin Xinglan closed her eyes to calm herself before she decided to open them again to really observe her surroundings. The walls, the furnitures, the clothes were all looking ancient and most importantly, everything looked large. That could only mean that she had to accept the reality; She had been transmigrated into either another world or timeline.

What was more ridiculous is that she transmigrated into a toddler! Because she heard what the doctor was talking to the man and the woman, she came to know that this body she was in was only two years old which couldn't mean that she had been reborn but had been transmigrated instead.

That whole thing with the transmigration was something she had a hard time to accept, she didn't believe in such things even if she had been reading Chinese novels in her free time.

Lin Xinglan really panicked and on spur of moment, sound of a crying baby could be heard. She realized she was the one crying but because of all the panic she couldn't somehow stop, she just felt like crying loudly.

"Shh, shh, take it easy... Mother is here, father is here.." The woman who had been carrying her all the time, the woman who supposed to be her mother, began to swing her in a rhythmic motion to calm her down. It didn't take long for Lin Xinglan to fall asleep peacefully.

By the time Lin Xinglan woke up, she found herself lying in a baby crib. She stared blankly at the ceiling for a long time. Suddenly, she began to think about everything that happened and she found herself humiliated, ashamed... It felt so surreal yet real.

She wanted to bury herself in a deep hole and never come out, just thinking about the way she died and the way she cried like a real baby. It was just too much for her. It was so lame.

If she had to compare herself with the transmigration novels she had read then she was really sure she had to be the lamest among them. She kept wondering why it had to be her of all people.

She was just a normal high school girl that had average grades with average IQ and low EQ who was only excited over Christmas! She had no talents and she found no reason why she would transmigrate. It was fine for her to just read novels about it but never had she wanted to be a part of it.

Just thinking about the cons made her cry tears after tears. Furthermore, the whole transmigration in the first place was something no one would believe. She was the same but now she had to accept that it really existed.

Fucking hell, this isn't funny! Why the hell would I die on that day?! I want my Christmas presents back... She could only silently sob for her own pain.