XXII: Admittance

{ 1 week later }

~Isabel's POV:

Skye and I both walked towards my locker so I could grab my book. It was both our free period. I spot Lauren, but I quickly looked away as if I hadn't seen her. Thank God I don't have any classes with her, just the free period. I've been avoiding her and her stupid tactics.

I opened my locker and grabbed my books, but noticed a letter. I already knew who it was from. I've been receiving it daily, and let's say that it ends up in the trash. I felt sorry for the trees.

"You going to read it?" Skye asks, also staring at the unfolded paper.

"Hm," I hummed out, setting it on top of my books before closing my locker shut.

"Are you?" Skye asks again. I can tell she was curious, but I had better plans for the stupid letter.

I simply gave her a weak smile before walking down the hallway. Sky follows. As we passed by the trashcan, I tossed the letter in there, making it noticeable for Lauren to see what I had done.

"Does that answer your question?" I chirped. It's been a week. I thought Lauren Anderson would've given up already.

Skye shakes her head with a playful smile and locks arms with me. "C'mon bestie, I have office duty today, so I'll just drop you at the library," Skye tells me.

"Yeah, go on and ditch me," I muttered as we made our way down to the library.

Skye drops me off like she says and leaves right after. I sighed as I entered. I gave the librarian a greeting, and sat on an empty table alone. It was somewhat full in here. Students were scattered all around. Either in a corner, on the floor or whatever.

I grabbed a random book and sat on an unoccupied table. Since I couldn't see the tiny words, I put on my reading glasses. As I was reading, I feel someone's eyes on me.

~ Lauren's POV:

"I can't take the guilt anymore, Bev," I told my best friend as I head-bud the library book. We were at the back of the library where I had confessed that I liked Isabel back.

"It's your fault for being an asshole," she tells me as she sneakily eats her sandwich behind the book that she'd taken off the shelf. I looked at her weirdly. She didn't have to hide. The librarian won't even go back here; no one does.

I sighed. "Bev, I already told you the reason why I had done that," I argued.

"Because you're a scared p*ssy?"

I smacked her behind the head. "Be serious for once," I snapped at her.

"I was serious," she replies, setting her sandwich on her lap, "your reason was a piece of shit; therefore, making you a scared pussy."

I sighed, and laid on the carpet floor. "You're such a nice friend. First you call me an asshole, and now a p*ssy?"

"Thank you. Also, you're welcome, and you deserve it," she sarcastically says.

"Please, just help me. I'm desperate for her forgiveness. I can't stand her ignoring me," I whined as I covered my face. I wanted to cry.

Bev stays silent. I sniffled and I continue with my speech or however you call it. "I don't care if my dad will hate me. My heart longs for Isabel Montes. I admit, I am a monster like what she had said."

"Finally, admittance!" Bev chuckles, "I'll give you an idea of how you can get her to forgive you."

That caught my attention and I swiftly sit up. "How?"