XVIII: Complications

~ Lauren's POV:

School again. It's never ending. We wasted days when we could have been enjoying our lives. In the end, we're going to die anyways. All knowledge will not even put to use as much. We'll remember it, but when we don't need it, it'll delete from our memory because it's so useless.

I can rant some more, but I have to save some of it for tomorrow again since I've been visited by the Japanese flag. It's visiting for five fcking days, which means I'll be moody.

A day had passed after I had a 'date' with Isabel. I walked through the door of my second block which was art. It's one of my favorite subjects, and also, it's a super easy class when you have artistic abilities.

"Hey," some of my classmates greet me. I greet them back with a smile too.

I sit in a chair, next to Martina. She greets me, and I greet her back. Ugh, too much greetings. My fellow classmates were all rumbled up with people as they talked to each other.

"Morning class, please sit your butts on a seat," Mrs. Moore tells the guys and girls all over the place. She had arrived through the door with coffee in hand, "Our subject today will be emotion abstract painting. Grab your supplies and you may begin."

All students walked towards the back of the class to do as she say. I stay put, waiting for them to return to their seats. When there were 5 people left, I got up and took my own supplies, then walking back to my seat. I placed the canvas onto its stand, and put on my apron, so I wouldn't get paint onto my uniform. I plugged my ear buds into my ears and started to listen to 'The curse of curves' by Cute is what we aim for. For some reason, Montes popped into my mind. Weird...

I took a thick paintbrush and dipped it into blue, them mixing it with green onto the palette. When it was a nice shade of color, I started painting. I didn't know what i was doing. I then added more colors, making it look colorful. I had streaks of lines and swirls, making some sort of unknown pattern.

I was lost and almost done with my painting when I felt a tap on my shoulder. "Yes?" I asked Martina, while pulling out my ear buds.

"Mrs. Moore is calling you," she informs me.

I looked at her confused. Am I in trouble? I nodded. "Thanks." I put the paintbrush and palette onto a small table beside us. I went to my teacher to find out what she wanted.

"Yes, Mrs?" I asked, bouncing on the balls of my feet. I hate it up front. It catches too much attention.

I watched her as she bent down to grab something next to her desk. I swear, that was that most beautiful thing I've seen ever! No, I wasn't talking about my teacher.

"Minion!" I squealed. Some of my classmates got scared from my outburst. It was huge and was like half my size.

She hands it to me. I'm still confused. It's not my birthday. Why would she give me a present? "What's this for, Mrs. Moore?"

"A student-aid came in here 5 minutes ago to deliver this, and it's for you. I called your name, but you weren't listening," she says, and then shoos me off, "now continue painting." She chuckles as I walked away. Crazy woman!

I walked to my desk, earning a few stares and looks. People need to mind their business. I can't help but smile, not at the people, but at the sender and the minion. I sat on my chair, and examined Dave. He's so adorable. "Cute," Martina calls out.

"I know right?"

"Is it from your boyfriend?" she asks, sticking her tongue out.

I giggled. "Fck, no. I'm single."