XVII: Two

~ Lauren's POV:

A week has passed by since the encounter I had with both of my parents and Isabel. Ever since then, I rarely saw my dad at home anymore. I felt very lonely. He drown himself at work just to get away from things. He's such a coward, trying to run away. He has responsibility of taking care of me like he usually does, but now, he's very neglectful.

As for my mother, we've started talking, but only over the phone. I had given her the chance to go back into my life. It actually felt great, but not really since my dad doesn't really accept it, and I feel like I'm sneaking behind his back. I wanted to have the burden off my chest that had me hindered of seeing the beautiful things within a unique kind of person.

Last, but not least, Isabel Montes. Every time I'm around her, I get mixed feelings, especially confusion. The one where I'll have second thoughts about something. I was an ignorant homophobe, but now, I'm going out with a gay person. Never in my life had I imagined myself with one. What would happen if those people I bullied at school saw me with her? Would they think I'm a stupid hypocrite?

Lots of questions swarmed my mind, and it left me with fright. I didn't know what to do anymore. I don't want me being labeled as gay or bi. I feel a little disgusted with myself for even kissing Isabel, but my heart tells me something else.

I groaned and slapped my forehead. I looked at the digital clock, and I read, '5:47pm'. I stopped pacing since I realized that I've been thinking for about an hour. Isabel should be here soon. We had decided to go out today. I'm having second thoughts if I should go with her. I pinched the bridge of my nose. "Lauren, just go with the flow," I told myself. What harm could it do?

I laid on my bed carelessly, feeling so frustrated. Still feeling nervous, I got up and walked towards my iPod Dock. I played 'Iris (cover) by Sleeping with Sirens'. Soon, into the song, I was singing and dancing all over the place.

Right when I tried to do a spin, there was a knock on the window. I was so scared, I tripped myself. I groaned in pain as I rubbed my foot. It better not be broken. I looked over at my window to see Isabel grinning. I rolled my eyes as I got up slowly, and walked to the window. The green-eyed girl pointed at the lock. I unlocked the window, and pushed it up.

"Good evening, Princess," she announces.

"Evening," I replied, "Why didn't you use the front door, like a normal person would?"

She shrugs as she plops her ass onto my bed. "What's the fun in that?"

"Yes. It's really FUN if you fell off my roof, and died," I rhetorically snapped at her.

"Don't worry," she says, and walks towards me as she eyes me up and down, "I'm superwoman."

"Idiot, eyes up here," I told her. A blush forms on my face. I stood there awkwardly as I she then stares at my face. Her stare caused the room temperature to fall.

"May I have this dance, Princess?" She asked out of the blue as she extends her right palm towards me. So random.

Should I or should I not? Oh fck it. I put my hand over her soft, cold ones. She pulls me closer, and it left my skin tingly. She made me rest my elbows over her shoulder while both of her hands rested above my hip bone. We swayed smoothly together with the music.

"And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive"

Montes sung to the lyrics. Her voice was so beautiful compared to mine. I sound like a broken record that is so off tune. The whole time, she looked right into my eyes as I stared back. It sent chills up my body. I leaned my head onto her shoulder, as if we're just hugging.