Chapter 8: Bramblestar

BRAMBLESTAR

            Bramblestar was glad that they had defeated ShadowClan. But he still had an uneasy feeling, as if something were about to happen. And then he heard a loud hiss, and he only caught one word of it. It pierced through the air like the sharpest claw. Bramblestar knew he had heard some cat say, “Tigerstar.”

            He ran out of his den and onto the Highledge. He saw Lionblaze leaping at Seedfur while Shadecloud stood nearby. Within seconds, Lionblaze had Seedfur pinned to the ground. The ThunderClan deputy hissed, “Bramblestar, help me drag him over to the Highledge.”

            By now, a crowd had come to see what was happening. Bramblestar stared at Lionblaze. “What has Seedfur done?” Bramblestar asked.

            “He just tried to kill Lionblaze. He stuffed a mouse with deathberries and gave it to Lionblaze,” Shadecloud meowed, answering for Lionblaze.

            Bramblestar helped drag Seedfur beneath the Highledge. Bramblestar leaped up onto the Highledge and shouted, “Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the Highledge for a Clan meeting!”

            It was almost unnecessary. Nearly the whole Clan was already staring at him intently and glancing at Seedfur, who was trying to escape from Lionblaze’s grasp. “Seedfur, stand,” he hissed. "Do you have anything to say for yourself?"

            Lionblaze stepped back into the crowd. Only Shadecloud remained next to Seedfur, glaring at him. “There’s nothing to say!” Seedfur snarled.

            “Traitor!” Brackenfur hissed from the back of the group.  The rest of ThunderClan picked up until the whole group was chanting, “Traitor! Traitor!”

            “Then you will be exiled from ThunderClan. If you are caught on our territory after sunhigh tomorrow, my warriors have permission to kill you,” Bramblestar meowed.

            Seedfur stood beneath him, staring defiantly into Bramblestar’s amber eyes. “I won’t leave until I've brought you down,” he hissed loudly.

            He leaped at Bramblestar and no warrior was near enough to stop him.