Chapter 1 - Introductions

This is my first book so please give feedback! I've taken my good friend Aidan's advice and decided the story start needed something....more, so here goes....

(picture of Skylar on the side)------>

*****

Plunging my fist into his exposed chest, I feel bones break under the force. Soggy, blood soaked flesh and spongy organs envelop my wrist, sucking it further in, enhancing the throbbing feeling as my fingers delve deeper; getting closer to the heart.

My hand snatches the pulsating heart from its resting place, and as i pull it past the lungs a loud suction noise is made, the gory chest making one last attempt to contain the body's life force. Clenching my stained fist I squeeze the stuttering heart, allowing every ounce of life fluid to run down from my hand to elbow, hearing the highly satisfying squelch sounds, I hold it in front of its host, watching the life fade from his shocked eyes.

He falls to his knees, blood spurting from his chest in short bursts. Bile and saliva splutter from his bleeding lips as the vile being gasps for breath, his shoulders slump forward before his battered body falls to the ground in defeat.

(Hurry!) Aela ordered me (We need to reach the clearing now!)

Nodding in agreement I toss the heart far from me and starts running deeper into the forest, letting my body go through the change as I do so.

Feeling the familiar burning sensation as my muscles contracted, the bones reshaping and the blood beat faster; my arms elongated as did my jaw and within five seconds, solid white paws hit the ground and Aela's wolf form took shape.

A bloodcurdling scream increased my heart rate, driving my body harder to reach the destination.

The clearing is a battleground, shifters and Lycan's from every pack and clan fight against the vile daedric vampires.

Smelling acid and Lycanite all around, my nose almost misses the scent of the daedra behind me.

Flipping round to face the deadly foe I take in his appearance, searching for a weak spot. He must have been an elder vampire for his skin was a darker grey than the lesser daedra, pulled tightly over a bullet shaped skull. His thin black lips pull back in a sadistic smile, revealing sharp blood stained teeth. He lifts one claw-like hand and bows in an old world gesture.

"Alexis I presume? An honour to meet you my dear but is this necessary? Your comrades die needlessly when all you have to do is join me, together we will rule and no one can stop us. Imagine-"

His words were cut short by the Phantom that had sky dived fist first, pummelling the daedra into the ground.

"-What your face would look like when I'm finished with it?" Aidan finished smirking as his nails became talons, raking through the master vampire's chest.

Looking upon Aidan's phantom form was stunning. He was the definition of dark angel; huge bat-like onyx coloured wings, a two tone ebony and gold tail that resembled a mace and matching two tone demon horns upon his golden mane of hair.

In my opinion, he looked like a gothic/retro Jesus Christ without the beard.

Right now he was feasting on the shrivelled, black heart of the elder vampire, his elongated canines and pre-incisors tearing through tissue, his snake tongue lapping at the acid-blood that runs through daedric vampire organs.

Turning away from the majestic phantom I focused on the next blood-sucker I was about to take down. Sprinting through the battlefield I leap on the back of a lesser vamp, Aela's huge jaws snapping around its reptilian neck, disembowelling his head from his body. Pouncing away from the fountains of acid-blood as they gushed from the head-less shoulders and hunting down the next victim.

Two more lesser vampires met their fate by the white wolf that was Aela's form, their bodies maimed, limbs torn into thousands of meaty chunks splayed over the clearing like confetti.

Snout deep in chest cavity, teeth devouring muscle and sinew, pain rushed through my blood splattered collar. Guttural sounds exploded from my flesh occupied mouth, spewing meat and spittle as I slowly looked over my shoulder.

Grinning from ear to ear was another daedra, holding a dart gun.

Feeling my eyes start to get heavy I growl

(Keep your eyes open! Don't...youu....dar-)

Aela my daemons voice was lost as we fell unconscious....

*******

Chapter 1 - Introductions

Well hey there, I'm Alexis Jones though to my Dad I'm Lexis and my friends call me AJ. Once upon a time I was a semi-regular child with a normal family, but that all changed six years ago. I used to live in a small town called Gibbs Creek, back then I had a Mum but we lost her that was when Dad and I moved. I was 11 when it happened, she was pregnant with what would have been my baby brother but she lost too much blood giving birth and my brother was dead when he came out.

But my life isn't all doom and gloom; my two best friends tend to keep things...interesting to say the least. My best friend and partner in crime is the one and only Skyler Richardson, 5'8" of pure "don't give a damn" 99% punk rock beauty and 1% hippy. Her fountains of blonde, wavy hair with bright blue highlights tend to attract many males, who all compliment her bright blue eyes. Most guys who know her steer clear from her feistiness, but hey, every village has an idiot and every school has the guy who will still try hit on her. And just like the rest, he tries, fails miserably, and joins the long line of guys who also failed miserably.

My second best friend and the third musketeer in our little group is Kai Foster, 6'1" of gangly adorableness. His shaggy mop of blonde hair gives off the golden retriever resemblance and his soft brown eyes show his gentle and kind nature. This ladies and gentlemen is the nicest guy you will ever meet and the guy who welcomed me to his and Skyler's little duo. The contrast between the three of us is quite noticeable though, as I have jet black hair, oak green eyes and have a short but slender body, whereas Kai and Sky are like slender giants.

We all live in a small little town called Jacksonville, in a neighbourhood where everyone knows everyone and where who you hang out with depends on your social status.

Where does that leave us you ask? Well, we're the kind of people who don't care what the world thinks and don't need a possy of fake bimbos to make us feel important.

My Dad however seems to enjoy Bimbo Company and is now married to one. It seems he handled our loss quite well, in fact he is even thinking about having another child. The woman which my father married is Victoria though she has many other names by which I call her; the sponge, wotsit on legs, money sucking leech, and Kai's personal favourite - the community bike. She plasters on the make-up and hates me with a passion and if you don't already get the idea, Victoria is ten years younger than my dad and is only with him because when my Nan died he came into some money. The community bike name came right about when my Dad found out she cheated on him for the third time, which I might add was with my science teacher; Mr. Tucker. It was an awkward moment for the Jones' at the dinner table that night, and let's just say that the teacher/parent conference didn't go down too well last semester, but the chemistry between my Dad and Victoria is still very physical (see what I did there?).