10. First Try At Classes

I wake up to high-pitched voice yelling, "Get up!" through the door. I guess I did fall asleep last night, but I'm tired this morning.

I move to get ready for the morning. I dress into my robes and grab my books off the shelf. I meet Harry and Ron out in the common room. 

"Ahhh! My robes are ruined!" someone shouts. Percy is in the threshold between the hallway and the common room. He is covered in a grayish-colored substance that I can smell from here, and not pleasantly, I may add.

"Who did this? Whoever did will have detention for six months! Agh! I have to go change now and it's all your fault!" Percy stomps past us and I can hear the Gryffindor students snickering, when Percy is out of earshot.

"Wow! I wonder who did that!" Ron says, obviously impressed.

"We've gotta get some breakfast or else we'll starve!" Harry adds, walking toward the entrance.

I bend down to tie my shoe when Fred and George walk past me. They turn and wink at me. I smile in return. When I stand up, Ron and Harry are already walking toward the Great Hall.

==========

After breakfast is over, we all have Transfiguration with Professor Mcgonagall. 

Her classroom is impossible to find. Every time we come to a fork in the hallway, we always seem to go the wrong way. We will obviously be late, and won't hear the end of it.

"There it is!" Harry shouts, pointing to a pair of double doors.

 We burst through the doors running. Thirty or so pairs of eyes stare back at us. On the teacher's desk is a large pile of books and a stuffed cat. 

"I'm glad Mcgonagall's not here. I mean, can you imagine the look on Mcgonagall's face if we were late?" Ron says, relieved.

The "stuffed" cat jumps off the desk and morphs into Professor Mcgonagall. 

"Woah!" Harry and I say.

"That was bloody brilliant!" Ron concludes.

"Thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Now maybe you shall transfigure yourself into a pocketwatch. That way, you might be on time," Mcgonagall says.

"We got lost," Harry says. Ron and I nod in agreement.

"Then a map. I trust you don't need one to find your seats." She nods toward three separate seats. Harry sits next to Seamus while Ron sits next to a Hufflepuff boy named Justin. I plop my books down in my seat, next to a Hufflepuff girl named Susan Bones. None of us say a word for the rest of the class.

We only talk about the textbook today, and the best way to get information out of it, although Professor Mcgonagall manages to turn her desk into a pig as a demonstration of Transfiguration. Next class, she says, we will be turning matches into needles. 

At the end of class, luckily doesn't assign any homework, just to get a good night's rest, as a few kids were taking naps during her class.

==========

The dungeons are freezing cold. I sit between Ron and Harry in Potions, which I'm really excited for. The only book on the train that I read was the beginner's potion book, so I think I'm ready for class. Unfortunately, Gryffindors are paired with the Slytherins, which I'm guessing may cause trouble after seeing the Slytherins goof off during breakfast. Plus, Draco Malfoy is in the class, sitting right in the back.

It has been five minutes, and there is still no teacher. I tap my pencil on the desk in boredom.

"Maybe we'll have a day off," Harry says. Ron nods hopefully.