The Spell

Melody's eyes widened and she reasoned in her head. The thing she was missing, the reason why everyone wanted to kidnap her was she was a... princess? 

Melody eyes rested upon the bed. She bent down to the woman and took her hand.

Morgana whisperd, "You must be queen. You cannot let Princess Linda take the throne after her mother dies. You cannot." Her voice faded and she fell asleep. Melody rose quietly while she thought about this. "I did not know Morgana had a daughter." She told the Queen of Ice.

"That's because she told no one. She feared the King of Hell would kill her." Explained the Queen. 

A worried expression crossed Melody's face. "It's too late. He found me." She whispered. The Queen looked alarmed. She waited for Melody to continue. "He is the one who kidnapped me."

The Queen nodded concernd, filing away the information. She thought back to Morgarnas words, "You have to make yourself next in line for the throne Melody. If there are two possible heirs there is a vote,and the winner is the next queen. The vote, is final."

Melody inderstood this all too well. "What should I do?" She asked the queen.

"I sent a letter to Celina. She knows were here." The queen told her.

Melody nodded. She was very nervous. It was every child's dream to be a princess, even Melody's, but when you were fifteen and you actually found out you were one it come's as more than a small shock. She realized she didn't even know where here was. "Where are we?" She asked curiously.

The Queen replied, "In the castle of the Queen of Heven." She threw another potion at the floor and dissapeard in a foggy haze. Melody sucked in a deep breath not just because of the queens speedy exit, but because she was alone and everything seemed so strange to her.

She walked over to the door and gave it a little push. It swung open into a hall. Closing the door behind her Melody looked left and right unsure which way to go. Then she had an ingenious idea. She was going to cast a navigation spell. She remembered someone from her childhood using it when he had first moved to the town where she grew up. It only lasted a few minutes and Melody rememberd the rhyme that made the spell work.

I do not know my way,                                                                                                                                             guide me now on this day.

Ok, so it was sort of childish in her opinion, but the boy was eight when he made it. She suddenly felt different after the spell. She knew which way to go to find the Queen Celina. Walking down the corridoors she found the room she was looking for. She knocked politely on the towering oak door.

"Enter!" A regal voice boomed. Melody nervously stepped into the room. All eyes turned in her direction and gasped. Everyone but Q ueen Celina and Linda bowed or curseyed. She was confused a moment and then she realize they were kneeling for her.

She glanced nervously and the Queen who asked them to rise. She sighed gratefully. She took a few more steps and reached the throne. Melody was about to speak when Linda interupted, "What happend to your clothes!" she screeched. Melody winced and thought privately that after being kidnaped, finding out she was a princess and being shot at, she was lucky she was here at all. Melody just bowed her head unsure of what to say.

Then Linda snapped at Melody, "I demand  you speak!"

Melody didn't know what to say. Thats when she see's the figure lurking at the window.