Chapter 2

"What a long day." He mutters as he transforms into his wolf. His Beta told him there was a beautiful waterfall near the human city where he could rest. Still in his wolf form, he starts looking around and searching for a human being. This is not his first time being so close to the city, infact, he could call himself and his pack pretty modern, for being able to live close to humans peacefully. Also, he is very proud that the people from his pack work and go to school together with humans. He is no strict Alpha. As long as not many people know about werewolves, things are going to be fine. 

His wolf side forces him out of his thoughts by suddenly stopping dead in its tracks. The big wolf stands still, raises its head and starts sniffing the air. After a few moments of trying to make out what that alluring scent is, the big wolf started growling. "Mate! Our mate! " His wolf side cheers in his mind and he can't believe it. After years of searching they would meet their mate, their intended, theirs. She smells like chocolate and cinnamon and he already feels addicted to the scent. He has not realized that his wolf, Blake, starts moving closer to the source of the addictive smell until it is too late. Just when they catch a glimpse of her sleeping with her head leaned against a rock, the wolf steps onto a branch, breaking it. 

She is on her feet in light speed and he growls possessively. She is beautiful. She has black, long, wavy hair and turquoise ey- "Who's there? " She asks with a low voice which send shivers down his spine, her voice did things to him. He and his wolfside immediately come out of the bushes and that is when it was her turn to be impressed. Just as he felt happy for having his mate stare at him with such intensity, the look on her face changes to a glare. "Shift! " She commands. That triggers many emotions in Blake and Lysander together, mainly relief, because she already knew about werewolves and anger, because she ordred them to do something.

He shifts and lets her see his naked glory. Again, he is happy to see that his mate is ogling him. She throws him the blanket that she brought with her and he covers his private parts with it. When she is finished with staring at his body, she lifts her head and soon they are staring into each other's eyes. Both of their breaths hitched.

As she looks into his eyes she feels various of feelings: love, fear, lust, happiness, excitement and much more, but one emotion stands out, the emotion she feels the most: curiosity. She feels a burning curiosity when she stares into the dark blue eyes of the beautiful man. She wants to see what is laying behind the deep sea of blue. She wants to see more of them. She wants to see more of him.

To say his feeling are mutual is an understanding. Werewolves are supernatural creatures, but never once did he see turqouise eyes. Of course he knew who he is dealing with here. He knew, the moment he saw her eyes, that his mate is the Red Riding Hood and it did not bother him, because in his eyes, she was his the moment they made eye contact. He was not going to let her go. No matter what.

She immediately breaks eye contact and takes a step back. She shakes her head and he notices her eyes harden. "Look I don't know who you are but you better leave me alone! " She warns him with a treatening voice. He starts growling -"No! " He replies with a dark voice that scares her a bit. He won't let her go now, he knows that without her, there will be no him. "You're mine, my woman. " He says with a softer voice this time but it still sounds a bit gruff. She smiles, almost sadly. -"No I'm not and I will never be. " He feels his heart shatter. Never before has he experienced such pain. Never before has he felt so helpless. But he won't give her up

She feels her heart break a little as she utters those words but she has to.  She doesn't want to experience the same thing she did before. She snaps out of her thoughts when she feels two arms wrap around her body. He hugs her tightly. "What are you doing? " She asks softly. "You're mine! "He replies with a gentle voice that makes her body tingle everywhere. "N-No! " She stutters softly and he hugs her tighter. He nestles his head in the crook of her neck and takes in her smell. "Yes, you're mine, you're my mate! " As if a button was pressed, she suddenly pushes him roughly and their bodies part. The hurt is evident in his eyes. "I won't be fooled again! " She mutters yet he is too angry to hear it. He lets out a furious growl and picks her up in lightspeed. "Let me go! " She shouts but he doesn't listen as he starts walking towards the pack house.