Chapter 15

As we lay next to each other on my bed, entangled in the sheets, I reached into the box underneath my bedside table and pulled out a previously rolled blunt, before placing it in my mouth, lighting it and slowly enhaled. I was glaring at the ceiling, but I could automatically sence Luke turning his head to look at me.

"Zozo?" I hummed a response and let him continue "Whats wrong?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I've noticed you acting strangely recently. You know? Drinking a lot. This is the first time I've seen you smoke weed."

"You don't need to worry, Luke. I'm fine. This is just who I am" I continue to blow smoke at the ceiling amd there was a breif silence. The kind of silence that was both awkward and comfortable. Awkward, because of Luke's question and comfortable because of Luke's company. I was being honest when I said I was fine, this is how I am.

"I mean, you know, it can't be good for you"

"What can't be good for me, Luke?"

"The drugs and alcohol and stuff"

"It's fine, Luke. Just leave it alone okay?"

"Okay"

"Its just that, I care about you, a lot. I don't want anything to happen to you"

I didn't speak after that. Neither did Luke. I silently offered Luke a hit, but he simply shook his head and gazed off into the distance. There was no pressure to talk or to move or to do anything at all really. There was just Luke and just me.

"What time is it?" I asked, slowly glancing at Luke, who was now turned, fully facing me. I hadn't noticed him moving but I wasn't paying any attention so that was no surprise. Once I had spoken he turned pick up his phone, before turning back.

"Its about 4am"

"I guess I should get some sleep then"

"We probably should"

"Or we could just stay up"

"I guess"

The conversation slowly faded to another silence. I once again acknowledged that there are a lot of silences between us. I went on to think about all the couples in the world and if they also shared this many silences and if their silences were the same kinds of silences as ours.

"I love you so much, Zozo"

"Yeah, I love you too"

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! Once again slow update but I have literally no free time anymore bc my GCSEs are in like a month.

Its a rlly short little filler chapter bc I needed to write something for you all but I had no major ideas or whatever so I hope you liked it anyway.

Love y'all, S. xoxo