Chapter 4

I sat alone in the back of my math class. One seat either side of me, I could put my legs up and have a seat for my bag. I liked it here. Class didn't start for another 5 minutes but I wasn't in the mood to hang out with my friends.

I haven't seen Tristen since I left him that night at the club and now he won't return any of my calls.

Just as I thought my morning couldn't get any worse Luke walked into the room. He walked up to me and sat in the seat next to mine.

"That seats actually taken. Bye"

"No it's not. I see you every lesson. You just sit here on your own"

"Well, that's because I like it so just fuck right off"

"Yeahh... I'm not leaving" He gave me that precious smirk making it clear that either way I'm going to lose this argument.

"Fine" I watched the rest of the class pile in and waited for the torture to begin.

We didn't speak again for at least half an hour, just sat in silence listening to Mr Brooks go on and on about some equation shit.

"hey, Zozo. Did you get that last question?" Luke leant in and whispered in my ear.

"Nope"

"Good. Neither did I." he laughed earning a death glare from me and weird looks from the rest of the class.

"Care to share the joke?" Mr Brooks glared at us.

"Not unless you wanna hear about the size of Luke's dick" I gave an innocent smile. Thankfully Mr Brooks chose to ignore the comment and continue the lesson even though the rest of the class were still laughing and whispering about it.

Soon class was over and I made my way to the lunch hall. On the way there I felt a strong pair of arms pull me away and I found myself in a janitors closet with none other than the devil himself.

"The fuck do you want Luke?"

"What was that about in maths?"

"I told you not to sit next to me. Maybe next time you'll listen. And real classy dragging me in here so nobody can see you talk to some loser" I pretty much yelled at him.

"It's not me I'm protecting. It's you"

"I'm not stupid. Don't lie to me. We aren't friends I don't need your protection"

"That's why I wanna talk to you. I wanna be friends... friends with benefits?"

"No" I turned around to walk out the door before he grabbed me.

"Why not?"

"I have a boyfriend" I was getting angrier by the minute yet I just wanted to kiss him. What was going on? "besides, I hate you."

"And once again you bring up the boyfriend" Now he was getting angry."do you ever even see this boyfriend because nobody else does. Mikey doesn't even know he exists. Who is this guy?"

"You spoke to Mikey about me?" Why is he so interested in me?

"Maybe... I just wanted to know who you are" we both seemed to calm down by now but I still wanted to kiss him.

"Then why don't you try being my friend. Get to know me through me rather than other people"

"Because you don't let me be your friend!"

"Well sorry I have a hard time letting people in" and the anger was coming back. "Maybe if you were a little nicer than I would actually want -"