Chapter 5

'Thoughts'
'Hollow speech'
'Zanpakuto speech'
Attacks

Ichigo's POV

"-o." "-iro!" "SHIRO!" "Gah! I'm up!" "Good. It's about time you woke up." I threw my pillow at Hiroki, hitting him square in the face. Taka began laughing while Hiroki scowled at me. "What time is it anyway?" "Time for you to get a watch." "Time for you to get a new joke." Taka was laughing even harder now and Hiroki threw my pillow back at me.

I pulled myself out of bed and grabbed my uniform. The uniform looked like the normal soulreaper clothes, but it was a blue undershirt, white shirt, and blue pants. I went to the bathroom to change, wash my face, brush my teeth, and pull my hair back with a small black cloth.

After I changed and got ready for the day, me and my roommates grabbed our zanpakutos, dorm key, and books. We went down for breakfast and it was almost as good as Yuzu's cooking.

When we finished eating, there was still time before class started. I headed to one of the training grounds and ran a few laps around it. This was followed by pushups, sit ups, pull ups, and other physical exercises. When I was done with the exercises, I picked up one of the wooden training swords that were already there. I decided against using Zangetsu, just in case I broke something I shouldn't have. After a few minutes of hitting dummy after dummy, I decide to head to class since it started in ten minutes.

When I arrived at the class, everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at me. I scanned the room and found my roommates and went to sit next to them. As I walked to them, people continued to stare and whisper to their friends. I sat down and ignored everyone until the teacher came in. She looked to be average height with pale skin. She had shoulder length black hair and vibrant green eyes. I think her name was Sugawara-sensei.

She scanned the room till her eyes landed on me. "Ah. You must be the new guy. My names is Sugawara. I'll be your Hohō teacher. Why don't you introduce yourself?" I nodded. "My name's Shirosaki Ogichi, but I prefer to be called Shiro." "Nice to meet you Shiro. If you feel you need help, don't be afraid to ask. Now I assume you know what Hohō is yes?" "Yeah. It's high speed fighting. Captain Soi Fon, Captain Kuchki, and Yoruichi Shihouin are all very good at it." "Good. At least I'm not teaching an idiot. Ok class we've been improving your speed for the past few weeks, let's see where you stand. Everyone WALK to training ground 3. I realize this is a Hohō class, but I don't want a repeat of three years ago."

We got to the training ground and stood in a semi circle around Sugawara-sensei. "Ok. I want you all in groups of five. Take your groups and line up on that line." Hiroki, Taka, me, and two other people lined up on the line. A guy in the line next to me started staring at me after a while. His face contorted into a scowl. "Got a problem with me?" "No. Why would I, Ren Namikaze, care about some newbie to the class? I bet you know people in high places and they bribed the school into letting you in." "Want to test that theory? We could race. After school at training ground 16. If I win, you have to dye your hair neon pink for a month." The class was looking at me like I was crazy. "Sure. But if I win, and I will, you become my butler for a week." "Deal."

I turned around to face my roommates. "What were you thinking!?" "Something wrong Hiroki?" "Yes something's wrong! You just challenged the fastest guy in the class to a race!" "Oh well. I'll just have to be faster then won't I?" Taka sighed. "Just don't do anything stupid to win. And don't do anything stupid if you become his butler either." "I won't. Just chill out."

Class proceed as normal after this. We had to flash step from the starting line, to the opposite wall, and back within a certain time limit. Everyone's was different, made to fit their speed and the speed they improve. I was told I had to go the opposite wall and back within eight seconds. This seems like a lot, but it's the base that everyone starts at. The time is adjusted from there. Not to mention the training ground was huge.