Chapter 3

'Thoughts'
'Hollow speech'
'Zanpakuto speech'

He was cut off from his explanation when someone came through the Senkimon. We couldn't tell who it was, not until we saw his hair at least.

Ichigo's POV

I walked through the Senkimon to see all the captains, lieutenants, and the 3rd and 5th seats from squad 11. 'Kisuke wasn't kidding when he said he was waiting.'

"I-Ichigo?" I looked at the Squad Six Lieutenant. "Hey Renji. Everyone." "What are you doing here?" "Well Renji, I-" I was cut of when someone kicked me in the head. "You idiot! Why would you jut show up unannounced!? You remember all the other times this happened right!?" I was rubbing my head. "It's nice to see you too Rukia. And I was going to tell you why I was here before you kicked me!" Rukia and I began bickering, but stopped when Head Captain Yamamoto cleared his throat. "This is why we have gathered here. Because of Ichigo Kurosaki, ex-substitute soulreaper." Everyone looked at me with wide eyes. "You're not a substitute soulreaper any more?" I nodded. "Then why the hell do you look like a soulreaper. And why are you here. If that's the only reason you're here, to say you quit, then go home!" "Chill Ikkaku. I didn't quit. I'm an ex-substitute soulreaper for a different reason." I paused and took a deep breath before continuing. "I'm not a substitute soulreaper anymore because, I uh, I died..." Silence. No one said a word.

Then, everyone yelled, "WHAT!" "How?" "What stupid thing did you do?" "Where you sick?" "Is this really what happens when I leave you" I was pelted with questions left and right. I released a little bit of my spirit energy, which might I add, was still a lot.  "Shut up!" The effect was immediate. "I didn't do something stupid and die. I wasn't sick. And this would have happened if you stayed Rukia! I died because my body couldn't handle my spirit energy anymore. Then Kisuke sent me here. I didn't expect to see everyone here though. I was only told about the old man waiting for me." I gestured to the Head Captain while saying the last bit. There were a few murmured 'that makes sense' from my friends.

The Head Captain cleared his throat. "Now that the first reason we are here is addressed, on to the second. What to do with you." Kenpachi laughed, "How 'bout a fight. To see how much you've grown in the past few years." I was about to answer when the Head Captain cut me off. "There will be plenty of time for that later Captain Zaraki. But we need to address what should happen to him." The officers and captains present started whispering amongst themselves. "Could you give us a moment Ichigo?" inquired the Head Captain. "Of course," I replied as I walked a bit away from the group.

Third POV:

Toshiro stepped forward a little. "If I may Head Captain. I think it would be a good idea for Ichigo to become the Captain of Squad 9. He has proven himself to be as strong or stronger than all of the captains here on multiple occasions." The captain of squad six also stepped forward. "I agree with Captain Hitsugaya. But he would have to learn how to lead a squad properly." There were murmurs of agreement from everyone.

Head Captain Yamamoto hit his 'cane' on the ground. "I agree that he should take over as the Squad nine Captain. However, war hero or not there might be some disagreement among the other souls here. Which is why he will attend the academy first." The group nodded before calling Ichigo back, signifying that their private conversation was over. "It is decided that you will attend the academy, then join the Court Guard Squads immediately after you get out," declared the Head Captain while looking directly at Ichigo.

Ichigo's POV:

'Great. More school...' 'Sucks for you King.' 'You realize you are part of me right? You and Zangestu are coming too.' 'Zangetsu! Help! We have to go with him!' 'I could knock you out. Or you can stay quiet and quit complaining.' I chuckled quietly. I love the two of them.