Chapter 6: Listen To Me, Okay? Actually, Maybe Don't

sorry i'm just uhh unmotivated and i've been busy. my ankle's fractured & my mom got surgery this week. also, awsten and travis are reading one of my one shots tonight.

Why're you transferring to McVicker's, again?" Otto asked as him and Awsten walked through the hallways, heading to their now separate first period classrooms.

"Uh, 'cause Maché hates me? Haven't you noticed?" Awsten questioned like it was obvious, slightly turning to his friend in the hallway and nearly bumping into someone else because of it.

"Not really." Otto said bluntly, because it was the truth. "I actually pay attention to, and do, my classwork."

"I do my class work, I just get finished super quickly. The only reason I have a stupid B in that class is because she was tired of me doing 'extra' (he made sure to do air quotes) experiments and constantly asking if her first name was Paper."

"Oh, yeah." Otto replied as they reached Awsten's new first period. He shook his head, patting his friend on the back. "Good luck, dude. You're probably gonna need it."

Awsten shrugged as he entered the classroom. He politely asked his new teacher where he was assigned to sit, and was directed to a table that could seat two people at it. He sighed, guessing he was sat on the left side as he waited for the rest of the class to enter, shocked that he was early for once. He was expecting the setup to be longer.

The class filled out somewhat quickly, to his surprise. He'd only recognized a few faces, maybe from a few of Jawn's parties that he'd attended in the past, but that was it. Until, of course, Geoff walked in.

He just couldn't fucking escape him, now could he?

"What're you doing here?" Geoff ever-so-charmingly asked, which wasn't entirely sarcastic because even in disgust, Geoff still sounded like he was about to puke fucking rainbows and butterflies. Then again, in theory that sounds amazing, but most of us aren't aware of the texture of rainbows, so perhaps vomiting them mixed in with flying insects is not what the american dream entails.

Awsten sighed loudly, rolling his eyes and making his body movements suggest that attitude was not what he was here for. "I transferred to this class because paper mache wasn't too fond of that nickname."

"Well, you probably don't sit there," Geoff said, shrugging as he placed his bag on the ground and sat down in his seat. "In this class, I usually do my labs alone, the teacher knows that."

"Looks like that isn't the case anymore, dude." Awsten responded, fishing a mechanical pencil out of his bag as he didn't know what else to get out for this class as he wasn't caught up. "'Cause I'm just gonna go ahead and assume the teacher doesn't want you to work alone now that there's an even number of students."

Geoff sighed, slightly pouting but let it be, smiling. He was used to working alone, but he supposed he'd deal. Awsten wasn't his best friend (anymore, unlike his parents thought) but maybe he'd be an okay partner, if he let Geoff do most of the work. He was fine with him copying, but if Geoff were honest with himself, he wasn't looking forward to it and he really didn't want his partner to drag his grade down with him. "You're right." He smiled.

It was awkward silence for a few moments, the teacher focusing on work on her computer rather than the class and Geoff was just scrolling through his phone, despite being entertained by nothing on it. Awsten tapped the end of his pencil against the desk repeatedly, leaning back in his chair. His other class was much louder, which he preferred by far. He didn't like complete silence, it bothered him more than anything in the world. "So, do you like this class?"