Chapter 10 ~ The Choosing

Sun began to set, many gathered inside the castle, waiting for the prince to announce his new wife. Melody was designated to where all females whom attended the ball went. She, as always, stood by herself.

A body press against her back, arms wrapped around her and cold lips pressed onto her neck. "Are you ready, My Love?" a voice whispered into her ear.

Melody felt her body go hot, but managed to say composed. "Yes, M'L- I mean, My Lord." She paused, "U-um... My Love..." She said, slightly embarrassed, but assuming he'd rather be called that than 'My Lord'.

"I like that name." He said teasingly, as he pushed his thumbs into her shoulders and made circular motions. "You're so tense. You need to relax." He said as he continued massaging.

"I'm sorry... I'm just... so nervous..." She said slowly

"Why?" He asked raising an eyebrow

"Well that's a stupid que-" Melody was cut off by the trumpets playing.

"Sorry. But I must go." He bowed and kissed her hand, then quickly hurried off to the balcony where the women would line up behind him, and he'd give the chosen one a rose.

The king went onto the balcony, giving his speech of how this is a wonderful day and blah, blah. The prince soon followed, giving his speech on how there were so many beautiful women.

After quite some time, the women were finally called up. Melody paced her breathing as she looked upon the crowd. She bit her lip, as she clasped one hand over the other, and put it to her chest. She pulled the cutest face she could - if the prince was going to choose her, she may as well give the crowd a 'legit' reason, and thus, she was trying to look as innocent as possible.

The prince moved past her, scanning all the ladies. Melody closed her eyes, inhaling his cologne, trying to look like she wasn't about to freak out.

"I choose you." His voice whispered, it was as sweet as sugar and as thick as honey. The smell of roses filled Melody's nose, as she prepared herself to open her eyes and find him charmingly smile at her.

But a happy squeal from beside her ruined it.