Chapter 11 ~ Moving on...

Melody opened her eyes, to see the rose pointed at the woman next to her. The woman leap at Henry, slinging her arms around him and planting a kiss on the lips that seemingly moments ago teased Melody.

“You basted!” One woman stepped forward and tried to charge at the Prince. In a quick moment, guards had not only stopped her, but shooed all the other women off stage.

“What…” Melody barely managed to say.

“Was that your first Royal Marriage Declaration?” A man asked as he approached her. He had shining black hair and dazzling blue eyes that were hidden behind glasses he wore.

Instantly realizing nobles would have gone to many of those before, Melody quickly thought of something “Wee [yes]. I am frum France. I come because I hear of Prince looking fir wife.” She says with a fake French accent.

He simply rolled his eyes, but smiled warmly. “The wife is actually decided at the ball, by the king.” He said,  “I could tell you hadn’t done it before, because you put on a pretty face to impress him. The only reason the women go up, is so single noblemen can select whom they wish to marry.” He smiled.

“Oh…” Melody said, a little glumly. The man put a comforting hand on her shoulder, using his thumb to stroke.

“Get your hands, off my woman!”