Chapter 8 ~ Love?

Melody awoke to sunshine in her eyes. She groaned and rolled over, slamming onto the floor. What happened? Her head throbbed as she slowly got up.

She scanned her surroundings, realizing this wasn’t her room – or home. She soon also noticed, her clothing didn’t seem to be on her anymore.

Even though it seemed crystal clear what happened, Melody was hung over and couldn’t seem to see what was right in front of her.

She put on her under garments, slid on her dress, went to the mirror and raked her hands through her hair so she didn’t look like such a mess.

“Leaving so soon?” A charming voice came from nearby. Melody’s eyes widened as her memory of last night came flooding back.

“M’lord! You’re up!” She smiled, trying to look half-happy.

“I already said, if you’re going to play noble, say My Lord.” He sighed as he slid out of bed – he also seemed to be missing his clothing.

Melody put a hand to her cheek as she looked to the side. “R-right.” She simply agreed.

“But then again, you were only playing noble for last night.” He said as he walked up to her and put an arm on each of her shoulders.

“R-right.” She said, probably making no sense, but it was the only word she could seem to say at the moment.

“Can I call you My Love?” He whispered in her ear, but this time, his warm breath smelt of a strong, sensual cologne, not 9 glasses of the strongest wine.

Melody’s eyes widened, did this mean the prince chose her? She was going to be a Princess! And someday Queen! But alas, she wasn’t to please. He didn’t seem like the ‘let’s get married and lived happily ever after’ type. He seemed more like the ‘I’m going to get you drunk so you spend the night but probably leave you. If I was to ever marry, I would have continuous affairs but use my power as royalty to keep it under wraps’ type.

But who was she to reject the love of a prince? She didn’t do this for the love, but for the money. “You’re declaring your wife tonight?” She asked carefully, bringing her eyes up to meet his.

A grin broke out on his face as he nodded. “See you tonight then.” He said, letting her leave.