Chapter 33 - The End Is Just The Beginning

BRADIE’S POV

We all sat there in the waiting area to hear about Andy and if he was going to be okay. Andy’s mum, Shaun and Brooke were all here, my dad couldn’t come because someone needed to stay home with Chris and Ashley. I wanted him here, I had no one to lean on. I felt the tears again, they just come out of nowhere nowadays. Andy’s mum saw me slowly falling apart and put her arm around me comfortingly. Shaun grabbed a hold of one of my hands with his free one and gripped it tightly.

“Andy’s tough, he’ll be alright,” Andy’s mum tried to reassure us.

We all nodded even though I could tell that we were all thinking the same thing, Andy’s time is up.

“Hey, I need to have a talk to you,” I heard Shaun murmur in Brooke’s ear.

She nodded and Shaun released his grip from my hand.

“We’ll be right back,” he assured us walking off.

SHAUN’S POV

I lead Brooke to an empty hallway so we could talk.

“Please don’t start crying,” she said sadly.

“Don’t worry, I won’t,” I started, “I just thought of a really good baby name and I wanted to see if you’re okay with it.”

“Oh, what is it?” she asked intrigued.

“It’s only for a boy, but, Andrew Nicholi Diviney-Leishman,” I said hopeful that she’d like it.

“I hate it,” she replied, that really cut me.

I looked down at the floor a bit upset.

“A better name would be, Andrew Nicholi Diviney,” she smiled.

I looked up and smiled at her, what a dirty trick. She laughed and I embraced her tighter than I ever have before.

“I love you,” I said into the hug.

“I love you too,” she said back.

I don’t think I’ve heard that since I was an arsehole to her. It was music to my ears. She looked deep into my eyes and kissed me passionately. It’s been awhile since that too. We pulled away with smiles on our faces, if only Andy was okay everything would be perfect.

BRADIE’S POV

Shaun and Brooke walked back looking pretty happy with themselves. It actually made me smile despite the pain that I was feeling inside.

“What’s up, guys?” I asked as they sat back down beside me.

“Shaun thought of the best baby name,” Brooke answered.

“Baby name?” Andy’s mum questioned, oh right, she didn’t know yet.

“Yeah, Brooke’s pregnant,” Shaun replied beaming, it doesn’t matter how little he knows about babies, he’s going to be a great dad.

“Congratulations kids,” Andy’s mum smiled, “how far along?”

“Nearly ten weeks,” Brooke answered with a smile.

“Okay, so let’s hear the name,” I said desperate to know.

“Andrew Nicholi Diviney,” Shaun replied.

“I love it,” I smiled through tears.

Just as we were all having our happy moment the doctor that was examining Andy approached us. The smiles left our faces immediately.

“So?” Andy’s mum looked at the doctor, “is my son okay?”

The doctor looked extremely upset. I could tell by reading his face that this is not going to be good news.

“I’m sorry,” he started and he didn’t have to finish because I knew what he was going to say, “the cancer spread, he didn’t make it.”

Andy’s mum broke down straight away, Shaun’s face just expressed shock and Brooke wrapped her arms around him comfortingly.

I think I was in shock too. How can someone just die like that? It seems impossible when it actually happens to you. He was here a few hours ago, now he’s just gone…

I love you, Andy.

SEVEN MONTHS LATER

We eventually learnt to deal with Andy not being here. It was rough telling the fans that not only did we break up, but Andy was no longer with us. Life went on as normal a few months after the death. I came out to the fans and the rest of the people in my life as well. Everyone was really supportive, it felt great. I even found the confidence to get into a relationship.

Shaun is like my older brother now. He’ll never replace Andy, but he’s a close match. Plus he finally became a father two weeks ago to a healthy baby boy, Andrew Nicholi Diviney. I think he’s already attempting to teach his son guitar. It’s the cutest thing. He’s already recorded his first solo album under Sunday Morning Records that will be ready for release in couple of months. He even let me produce a few of the songs. I’m so excited for him.

I still wish my brother was here, but obviously his nakedness was too much for the world to bare. I know he’s up in heaven having a dance competition with Michael Jackson right now and fulfilling his private dream of being a nudist.

I’m now open about my feelings and not keeping them all bottled up as I used to. That just brings you to a deep pit of depression, because if you keep it all in the back of your head, you’re better off dead…