Chapter 05

AN: This chapter is dedicated to because it was lovely of you to comment :)

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honourable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing"

George Bernard Shaw

The second day of fifth year begun classes and as always Scarlet felt sure this year she would concentrate fully on her studies and keep up with her homework, doing it the very night she got it. It never seemed to quite work out that way though. It wasn't that she wasn't smart, in fact she most certainly was, but it was as the sorting hat had said in her first year, she had a terrible work ethic, try as she might to change the fact.

Scarlet would much rather be writing a story of her own making in her own time, or thinking about some crazy ideas that she could use to help the Wizarding world rather than writing a potions essay that seemed to Scarlet to have been made by Snape for the pure purpose of putting the students to sleep so he wouldn't have to deal with them. Any way Scarlet was heading to Transfiguration with a good attitude and enthusiasm for the work she was going to do this year... supposedly.

Once in the class room Scarlet saw Draco sitting at the back with Blaise to his right, they signaled for her to join them but then she would have to sit next to Goyle and she didn't much fancy him cheating off all her answers, they might be in the seats for the whole year after all so she had to be careful, plus she had already promised Zilah that she would sit with her and there was only one spot left with two seats open... unfortunately that spot was right at the front. However she supposed it was better than nothing and so sat down and put her bag on the seat beside her for Zilah knowing she was running late.

Scarlet was putting her parchment on her desk when she felt something fluttering in her hair. She freaked out thinking it was a cockroach or something similarly sickly and screamed jumping trying to fling it out of her hair. People looked at her, worried perhaps that some invisible force was about to kidnap her and take her to the dungeons, it wouldn't be that strange for this school. Draco and Blaise on the other hand were in hysterics.

Scarlet finally got the thing out and as it landed on her desk she realised it was a butterfly made of paper that was enchanted to fly a note to her from the boys. Scarlet turned to Blaise and Draco and scowled breathing deeply. This did not falter their laughter as hoped but instead reduced them to tears of mirth, Scarlet half expected them to start rolling on the floor slapping their knees. As her attempt at a menacing look had not the desirable effect on them she calmly turned and sat back down opening the note acting as if nothing had happened in the hopes of reducing the embarrassment of the situation in front of her peers.

The note simply said:
"We are skiving next period want to come?"

As if Scarlet was going to skip a period with them after this! They were so in for it, AND it was only the first day of classes for Merlins sake.

Scarlet's reply note said:
"It's only the first day and you're already skiving off classes? Well done, you're so cool, oh and for future reference when you're both working at Bode's Bezoar Burgers I don't like onion in my food" she wrote snarkily pleased with herself.

She sent the note in a scrunched up ball and threw it at Draco's head with great aim as he was talking to Blaise. He rubbed his head and glared at Scarlet before opening it. Scarlet giggled to herself.

Just then Professor McGonagall walked in. Zilah still wasn't here and so would most probably be getting detention on the first day. Not a good start. After a little while of working on turning innocent rabbits into goblets, which Scarlet hardly thought was appropriate, Zilah screeched through the back door to the classroom her shoes making skid marks on the ground. She stopped just before hitting Draco and Blaise's desk in a full on collision.