Chapter 10

AN: Ok wow that was a long absence. I'm really sorry. I don't really have a good reason either, I just had terrible writers block. But I've been editing all the previous chapters and also doing real life study, so hey I'm going to stick up for myself and just say YAY! You did it! You finally got up chapter 10 you magnificent unicorn like creature! Hope you guys enjoy.

The next day when Scarlet and Zilah got up to go to breakfast Scarlet noticed a remarkable change in Zilah's countenance. Although Zilah had stronger character than to completely loose sight of her personality in times of romantic woe, she did use the time of her denial in liking Seamus after he asked her out to sulk a bit, though maintaining her inner fire and ability to make fun of her friend for going on walks with Neville Longbottom. Yes Today Zilah had a bit of a spring in her step and a light chime to her voice as she sung her good mornings to her Slytherin friend.

Scarlet of course called her up on this fact but Zilah simply rejected the statement and tried for all of 3 seconds to put a frown on her face. It was obvious to Scarlet that Zilah was 'secretly' happy to have Seamus still say he liked her, and of course Scarlet could understand this, who wouldn't want to have the boy they liked openly admitting to liking them and saying they were willing to overcome adversity for their affections. Thinking of this a tinge of jealousy settled on Scarlet's tongue, it tasted bitter and she wanted to spit it out as quickly as it came.

Watching how quickly her friend recognizing something she was trying to keep away increased her happiness made Scarlet feel almost ready to blurt out her long time infatuation with Draco... However she was a teenager and such an admission seemed momentously bigger than that to her.

It slipped past her mind how much easier it would have been if it were she who had fallen for Seamus, and Zilah Draco. Scarlet wouldn't have minded in the least about going out with a Gryffindor, in fact she had a part of her that felt connected to that house, it would be interesting, she also had a rebellious side of her that would have rather liked defying the norms; and Zilah, well Zilah could have Draco doing her bidding soon enough, both pureblood, both with long lines in Slytherin, they would be a great power couple.

But alas life isn't always easy, and it doesn't always make sense no matter how much Scarlet willed it to become more organised and reasonable. However she pondered that at least there's was a sort of magic to it's wild nature. Remembering this more kind perspective Scarlet was returned to her more loving side and was reminded that she was after all happy for her two love struck friends and wanted them to work everything out.

Zilah's happy mood was finally rubbing off on Scarlet and she was laughing about some silly story Zilah was telling her about a kid in second year with a serious case of the 'Gryffindor hero complex'. He had tried to save a first year Slytherin from a batbogy curse and got blasted himself instead.

The best part was that the first year wasn't even going to get hit; her and her friends were just practicing on rocks in the court yard ... It was true that they shouldn't have been doing this in the first place, but they were Slytherin's after all. However Scarlet's entire jolly mood left her when they got to the doors of the great hall.

Scarlet didn't even have the time to gather herself as she would have wanted as Zilah sped through the doors still talking. Scarlet's stomach churned when she saw Draco. He looked up at her too and it was one of the most awkward instances in Scarlet's life up to now.

She hadn't seen him since the 'good' incident and had really not prepared herself with a proper response for seeing him again as she'd been using all her attention on operation Zileamus (her decided ship name for Zilah and Seamus). She opted for not saying anything. All of Zilah's words seemed in another world half muffled as though someone had turned down the volume on the whole hall and amplified only her breath and a 5 centimetre radius around Draco.