Chapter 1

I looked out the window as the shiny black Escalde pulled into our circular driveway. A smile quickly crossed my face as I ran upstairs and bursted into my brothers room.

"Elijah! Mom and Dad are home!", I said jumping onto his bed.

"CeCe chill out its probably just some other interviewer tryna get some shit out of us like always", He sighed as he got off his bed and walked out the door. I followed behind him as I told him, "No that's daddy's personal car!". He looked out the window and saw that I was right. I saw a door open, but Eli pulled me away from the window before someone stepped out. A couple seconds later the door unlocked and our parents walked through. I ran into my dad's arms and then hugged my mom afterwards.

"Hey baby where's your brother?", My mom asked. I let out a sigh and pointed towards the stairs which meant his bedroom.

"I'll go talk to him honey", My mother said as she made her way upstairs. "Thanks", My dad said as he kissed her cheek. The atmosphere was very awkward and filled with tension. I decided to break it up by following my dad into the kitchen.

"So dad how long are you gonna be home?", I asked.

"For 3 months after that I gotta go work on my movie remember", He chuckled a bit.

"Ugh dad why can't I ever come with you to your movie sets?", I begged.

"Cyrena we've talked about this your my daughter and those people out there liked to slander our family name, I will not have those publicist talk bad about my kids or wife", He told me strictly. I walked back upstairs to my room and shut the door. Trust me I love my mom,brother, and dad but I just can't stand how sheltered he has me! It ticks me off so much. Yeah my dad might be a big time actor but that doesn't mean he can still treat me like a little kid! I swear he doesn't even let me and Eli go to a regular school other than that a private school for celebrities kids! I was so pissed, this is the reason I'm a pathetic teenage girl with no friends, or social life. I put my head in my pillow as the door opened and someone dat on my bed. I immediately knew it was my mom. She was coming in to tell me it wasn't my dad's fault that he so strict about all this sheltering stuff. I mostly zoned out all the stuff she said. The rest of the night no one really talked to each other.

The next morning I got up ate breakfast then I told my parents I was going out to go to the salon. Of course they gave me the whole lecture about going there and coming straight back. I grabbed my keys to my benz and drove out to my family's personal stylist. I walked into her house and Vanessa welcomed me with a warm hug.

"Heard your parents were home, you happy 'bout that", She said as we walked into the salon part of her house. I sat down in one of her chairs and told her that they were indeed home.

"Anything new you want done or just same old same old?", She asked running her fingers through my semi wavy hair.

"You know the way my parents like it", I sighed rolling my eyes.

She just chuckled and continued to do her job. While she scrubbed the shampoo all over my scalp she asked how school was going.

"Im home schooled so what do you expect",I blandly said.

"Honey you need to get out that house more often I don't even think the press know your parents have kids", She laughed.

"Yeah I know but I don't think that's happening anytime soon", I said.

After that she proceeded with finishing up my hair then I left and headed back home. On the ride back home I was stuck behind a school bus, I didn't know there was a school near by. The bus driver let me pass and I looked at the kids getting off the bus, they looked around my age. I finally made it back home and immediately went to my room. I opened up my laptop and searched Los Angeles county schools and looked for the closest ones. I finally found one called L.A County High School for Fine Arts. It wasn't to far away. I couldn't start at school right away until my parents left again but dad by day I could scope out the surroundings. Every couple of weeks I would lie to my family and say I was going to see Vanessa to do different activities at her place. Once I got back from one of my trips I saw suitcases and other pieces of luggage by the door. Finally my dad was going back to film whatever he was and my mom always went with him as his top supporter besides me and my brother.

"Alright you know Marianna will be over here to watch you all so behave yourselves and don't do anything that would make her leave", My dad said especially eyeing Eli who granted him back with a slick smile. They hugged and kissed us goodbye and left the house finally. Now I can put my plan into action.

I grabbed my keys from the table and headed to garage only to be stopped by Eli.

"Where you been going lately?", He asked biting into an apple.

"Uhm you know to Vanessa's like usual, since she's like the only friend I have", I admitted.

He looked up at me and walked away. I had a feeling he was definitely on my case, but I didn't really mind. I actually wasn't lying I was headed for Vanessa's but only so she could help me pull of this risky plan. Once I got there, I told her my plan, and she just looked at me.

"So you want me to fake as your mother, and help you get into this school huh?", She asked tapping her cheek.

"Yes please you even said I need to get out the house and stop being sheltered!", I pleaded.

She hummed for a bit then nodded. I jumped up down and hugged her.

"Aight aight but one thing you gotta let me do", She said pulling away from my hug.

"What?" I asked.

"You gotta ket me give you a makeover I can't have you looking all plain and sh*t", She said.

"Fine with me!", I excitedly said.

"Aight girl you gonna need a new wardrobe, hairstyle, makeup look", Vanessa quickly said grabbing me and led to her salon.