Chapter Three

After tryouts Scott and Stiles has rushed back into the woods in search of the dead body once again, and of course Scott's lost inhaler.

"I don't - I don't know what it was. It was like I had all the time in the world to catch the ball. And that's not the only weird thing. I - I can - hear stuff I shouldn't be able to hear. Smell things!" Scott exclaimed

"Smell things? Like what?" Stiles asked curiously
Like the mint - mojito gum in your pocket."

"I don't even have any mint," Stiles said checking his jacket pocket before pulling out a peace chewed gum from it, "mojito...So all this started with a bite?"

Scott nodded, "What if it's like an infection, like, my body's flooding with adrenaline before I go into shock or something?"

"You know what? I actually think I've heard of this," Stiles informed his friend jokingly, "It's a specific kind of infection.l
"Are you serious?" Scott exclaimed worriedly his eyes widening.
"Yeah. Yeah, I think it's called... lycanthropy," Stiles informed Scott still waiting on his friend to get his joke.
"What's that? Is that bad?"
"Oh, yeah, it's the worst. But only once a month."
"Once a month?" Scott asked confused.

"Mm - hmm. On the night of the full moon!" Stiles exclaimed. When Scott still didn't get what he was hinting to, Stiles started howling dramatically. Scott scoffed and hit Stiles in his chest.
" Hey, you're the one who heard a wolf howling!"
"Hey, there could be something seriously wrong with me!"
"I know! You're a werewolf! Rrr! Okay, obviously I'm kidding. But if you see me in shop class trying to melt all the silver I can find, it's 'cause Friday's a full moon!"

The boys walked a little bit further climbing a hill in the process.
"Any sign of it?" Stiles asked.
"No, I - I could have sworn this was it. I saw the body, the deer came running. I dropped my inhaler."
"Maybe the killer moved the body,"Stiles suggested.

"If he did, I hope he left my inhaler. Those things are like 80 bucks!" Scott complained.

"What are you doing here? Huh? This is private property!" A voice calls out. The two friends looked over in shock to see a man in a leather jacket walking towards them with a stern sour look on his face.
"Uh, sorry, man, we didn't know," Stiles informed him.
"Yeah, we were just looking for something," Scott started to explain before in an instance The man pulled something from his pocket and tossed it towards Scott. When he looked up to thank the man he was already walking away.
"Uhm. All right, come on, I gotta get to work," Scott said stuffing the inhaler in his pocket.

"Dude!" Stiles exclaimed grabbing his friends jacket, " Don't you know who that is!?"
Scott shrugged and shook his head, " Should I?"
"That was Derek Hale! His family burned to death in a house fire like ten years ago! He's just a few years older than us!"

Scott narrowed his eyes remembering slightly the fire that had been the most devastating moment in Beacon Hills history. It saddened him as one of there classmates Cora Hale had been taken from the fire. He didn't know her that well but she always seemed happy, and Scott found it devastating she had been lost from a happy life by a fire.
"Wonder what he's doing back," Stiles mumbled.
"Who cares, I'm going to be late for work give me a lift!"

>>>

Night had fallen upon Beacon Hills, and Percy Jackson was in the midst of it. He stood annoyed next to his car cursing Zeus under his breath. Which of course he assumed just made the storm stronger.

Luckily for Percy he didn't get wet by the storm but, he was stuck on the side of the road with a flat tire. He didn't have a spare, because the flat tire was the spare.