Wrong Mother (f.h)

-Y/N's POV-

Grocery shopping with your Mother is-, boring and frustrating.

Frustrating because humans are awful and have no proper boundaries. sensory overload and anxiety doesn't help either.

'Do we have any tomatos?' My mom asks as she holds one in her hand, 'I dont think so.' I reply. In no more then 5 minutes shes gone. A wave of anxiety immediately washes over me as I look frantacially for her.

'Tall blonde lady in a red blouse, Tall blonde lady in a red blouse, Tall blonde lady in a red blouse.' I repeat in my head over and over till I found her. I get behind her and follow trying to put myself back together. She turns into an aisle, not even noticing I was gone. She crouches and picks up a box of tea, 'Mama, we already have some tea.' I say, trying not to breakdown again. She gets up from her crouched stance, I decide to look her in the eyes, hoping she would see me and ask whats wrong and id calm down. That is till I look "her" in the eyes, I take a big step back. Realizations hit me, the "blouse" was not a blouse it was a dress. The toms weren't toms they were high heals. I look up at the person, his eyes showed nothing but worry. I could tell the blond wasn't a naturally blond by his eyebrows which were quite lovely and well shaped. They were brown though, unlike his shortish blond wig, the length wasn't like my mothers at all, how could I be so stupid?

Funny mistake but so stupid. He must be so confused, explain.

'I uh I-I thought you were my mom, i'm so sorry.' I stumble over my words as I start to crumble in front of him. A soft pressure aholds me, it was him. he pulls me into himself. 'It's okay, don't worry, its okay.' he kisses my head. 'Come on, lets go sit and calm down.' picking up his basket he leads us to the motor carts. He sits me down on one and then sits on the one next to me. Hugging me again, he starts rubbing my back a bit. "I'm sorry but hugs and petting you seem to really calm you down.' I look him in his eyes and smile. 'Thank you, Freddie.' I say.

Freddie looks at me, a mix of shock and amusement rises up in his beautiful face. 'You know my name?' he says, tilting his head a bit and smirking. 'I only watched your movies when I was little and would go to sleep to them.' I say, 'So, you're probably wondering why I have a wig and dress on.' I rub his shoulder a bit, 'Bates Motel, you're in your final form.' his mouth opens a bit. 'Final form... you watch bates too?' I quietly chuckle, 'Everything you've been in... everything.' Freddie copies my chuckle. 'You wanna go on a hunt for your mum?' he says, 'Yeah, but hold my hand please I might think you're my mom again.' he laughs and grabs my hand.

A few minutes later we find her. 'Is this her?' Freddie whispers to me, I nod. he taps her shoulder, she snaps around and immediately jumps in fright. I start laughing at her reaction but quiet down once I feel Freddie grab my waist and pull me closer to him. My mother looks closer at him, 'Freddie Hymen?' I let out a squeak and hide myself in his shoulder. he begins laughing as she realizes her mistake. 'Wait? what is your name?' 'Freddie Highmore.' he replies. She breaks out in laughter. 'You lost me, mother! how dare you.' I say, she gives me a weird look. 'I thought you were following me.' 'You went somewhere else and I couldn't find you so I had a panic attack and then I thought he was you then we hunted to find you.' she laughs at me. 'Awww, Y/N.' she laughs some more as she looks at Freddie. 'Nice dress, Fred.' 'Nice daughter.' she raises her eyebrows and smiles. He pulls out his phone and checks the time. 'Come on, lets go checkout.' he grabs my hand and leads me to the cash registers. I turn around almost tripping him and hug my mom. 'I dont know whats going on.' I whisper to her, 'He has the hugest crush on you, baby. Go with him.' she kisses my cheek and lets me go. When i turn back around Freddie is standing there, waiting. 'Alright, pretty boy. Im coming.' he smiles at me, we reconnect our hands and head to the check out. 'Can you come to set with me? I hope that doesn't sound like im some old hag leading you to my van, trying to kidnap you.' I grin at him. 'I'd love to.' his face contorts to a shocked one. 'Really!?' he exclaims excitedly. I break into laughter at him, 'Why are you so shocked?' he looked at me with a mischievous glint in his eye. 'Uh, no reason.' 'Are you sure?' I reply seeing how much longer he can play cool. 'Yep.. come on, my driver is here.' Freddie tugged my hand as he sped-walked out of the store.