Chapter 10 - Everyone Is Brainwashed

Back in Bergen Town, Branch returned to the tree and got the attention of all the trolls with Poppy's cowbell. "Everyone, Poppy is not the murderer, what makes you think so?" Branch yelled. "Her scent was all over the crime scene!" Yelled one troll. "And who are you?!" Yelled another. "You don't know who i am?" Branch replied concerned. All the other trolls shook their heads. Even the ones he knew well. He realised they'd been brain-washed. He tried to bring their memories back. "You guys remember the Bergens right? Remember how they used to eat us? Who made them stop eating them?" He asked. All the trolls looked confused at the last question. "Oh my troll, IT WAS POPPY! You know, the one you all hate?" He yelled in frustration. All the trolls looked at each other with confused faces, they realised they were brainwashed. "Tell us more!" they yelled hoping to get their memory back. "Remember who gave us the holiday Troll-a-bration? It was Poppy!" he yelled trying to get more memory into them. "even more!" they yelled. "Remember who went grey in the pot because she thought us about to et killed was her fault? It was Poppy again!" He yelled hoping that it worked this time. They all gasped, they realised what they had done. Branch had finally broken the spell. "When i bring her back, I want ALL of you, INDIVIDUALLY, to apologise to her. SHE TRIED TO KILL HERSELF FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!" They all gasped at the thought. They realised what they had done. "Now I don't know who brainwashed you or murdered Peppy, but I think its the same person." Branch said. He finally brought their memory back. Now, he was on his way back to Poppy, convinced he'd finally be able to bring her back to her old self. But, when he got to where he left her, she wasnt there. He began to panic. Yelling her name, looking everywhere, but nothing worked. he decided to walk further away from Bergen Town since thats the only logical place she'd go.