Chapter 6 - Sadness, Anger and Fear

"Wait right here, i'll go and talk to her" Branch said to Gristle and Bridget. Branch walked up to the disheartened troll. "So, you're not the girl for me anymore you say." He said sarcastically while wiping some of the tears off her cheeks. "What do you want?" Poppy said in a depressed voice. "Well, I wanna see if you're OK." Branch replied with a smile. "Oh, you wanna see if I'm OK? Well, My dad just got brutally murdered, my childhood friends think I'm the one who did it, i over hear some trolls call me the worst queen ever. And most obviously, I'm greyer that ever. SO AM I OK?! NO! I'M NOT!" Poppy said angrily. Branch looked at her in shock. She gasped and said "I'm sorry, i just....(sighs) I don't know what my emotions are right now, I don't know if I'm sad, I don't know if I'm angry, I don't know if i'm scared, all I know is that i want to be left alone." Branch looked at her and saw how distraught she was. He thought maybe singing True Colors might work! So he started singing. "you with the sad eyes, don't be discouraged, oh I reali-" He was cut off by Poppy. "You sang that in the last movie, it doesn't work anymore." She said while crying even more. "Just... I just wanna be left alone, OK?" she said. But Branch was no quitter. He couldn't see her like this again, oh how it pained him. He decided to maybe let Gristle and Bridget talk to her. Maybe she could cheer up to the people she made happy and also have some girl talk with Bridget.

Bridget and Gristle approached the sad troll. "Poppy, it's Bridget and Gristle. We wanna talk to you. See how you are?" Bridget said in a calm voice. "How does it look 'how I'm doing'? huh? Life's worth nothing for me. No family, No friends, Just Branch and you guys. I appreciate you guys not accusing me but... I miss my old friends." Poppy replied depressingly. Gristle then tried to talk to her. "Poppy, do you know why we're happy? And why we don't... you know, you guys anymore?" "Because you guys found happiness." Poppy replied. "Yes, and do you know who helped up find happiness?" He asked again. Poppy sighed and replied "Me..." "Yeah exactly. Just because your friends think you're a murderer doesn't mean you really are now does it?" King Gristle added trying to cheer her up. "It's not just my friends. It's the events following up to it. I found my dead father I buried him, and then my friends hated me." She replied back.

Then Bridget tried to talk. Maybe she and Poppy could have some girl on girl talk. "Hey girl, you mid if you and I have some good old girl talk?" Bridget asked. She got no response, Poppy just stared off, into the river. "I'll take that as a yes." Bridget said before she gestured to Gristle and Branch to give them some alone time. "So, tell me. What are you feeling? And what do you wanna do in life now?" Bridget asked in a comforting voice. Poppy looked up at the bergen and said "What are you know? My therapist?" "No, I'm just trying to talk to you and see how you're feeling. You know, get some girl to girl talk." "Bridget, I'm trying to be nice, I just wanna be left alone. My life's worth nothing now. If i'm just gonna rot away, I may as well do it as far as I can be from the people who hate me." Poppy said to the Bergen. Bridget looked at her with a comforting face and said "Oh ok then, but please know, you may not be loved by the trolls, but you are still loved by every bergen." Before she got up and walked up to Branch and Gristle. "It's no use, she so depressed, nothing's working." bridget said sadly. "Thanks anyways for your help guys, I really appreciate it. I'll take it from here." Branch said somewhat sadly. Gristle and Bridget left.