Chapter 5 - Where is Poppy?

The next morning, Branch returned to Poppy's house, in hopes she was in a better state. As he walked into her room, he was calling her name. "Poppy? Where is that girl?" He saw the note on Poppy's bed. He read it. It said: Dear Branch, everybody hates me, this is not the place for me anymore. And me being hated will probably affect you as well. And i cant let that happen to you. I'm no longer the girl for you, i'm no longer the fun, energetic perky girl you once knew and loved. Now all i am is a dreary shade of Grey. You deserve someone better. I've left Bergen Town. I cant live here anymore. I love you with all my heart and i wish you the very best in finding a new girl. Love Poppy.

Branch sighed. Poppy was the only girl for him. He knew he had to get her back. He was going to find her. He cant let the love of his life just rot away in the dreary world of greyness and sadness. He decided to turn to Bridget and Gristle.

He walked up to the castle and knocked on the door. Only to be greeted by Bridget. "Hey Branch!" She said. "Hey Bridget." He replied in a sad voice. Bridget looked at him in confusion and asked "where's Poppy?" Branch handed her the letter. Bridget read it and said "Why would anyone hate her? She's the most kind hearted thing ever!" To which Branch replied saying "I know. So can you guys help me find her?" Bridget looked at him and said "Yes of course! We have to! She's the only reason we are happy! I'll go get gristle!" Branch smiled. They all set off to find her. They decided to try and find her footsteps and sure enough, they did. They looked to be about her size and there's hardly anything with a foot size as small as a troll's, so they followed it. After walking for about 30 Minutes, they heard sobs coming from near by. Branch saw the little troll sobbing away. Even in the bright sunlight, it was hard to see her Grey image.