Chapter Nine: Happy, forever after!

We had gotten back together officially and permanently around the beginning of November. It was pure bliss, however after I came back to Brittany my now ex husband and my had been best friend who we will call, Mina, came to our house demanding Ava. I complied because I didn't want to be unfair.

  Mina later messaged me on Facebook and accused me of giving Ava to them so Brittany and I would have 'alone' time, which thoroughly pissed me off. Before this my ex husband and I had agreed to a week on week off parenting schedule which I absolutely hated but he would t agree to anything else. We had agreed to the same thing this time around, to my displeasure.

  A week went by and I was unable to contact anyone to get my daughter back. I did however find out her grandma, his mom had her in her custody at the time. I called her explaining that it was now my week and she refused to return Ava.

I immediately called my mother who took me to the courthouse where I filed an emergency custody order, allowing me to retrieve my child. We immediately went to his mothers house and I got Ava, she, surprise, surprise, had a bad diaper rash but otherwise was unharmed.

  This was the beginning of a pretty nasty custody battle that would drag on for who knows how long.

  After receiving the emergency custody order I no longer had to comply with our own agreement and would not. Not to be spiteful, towards him or his family. But for my daughters safety. Her father was not a very competent caretaker, nor were the rest of his family.

  The next few months were wonderful, the holidays, in using Chanukah, my family is Jewish, and of course, Ava's first birthday! Her father did not even attempt to contact me during this entire time period. Which did not surprise me.

  Ava took her first steps on her birthday, December 18th. It was a great birthday, I attempted to make Minnie mouse cupcakes, they looked horrible, if you asked Brittany they were perfect though! She is a sweetheart!

  In January, we had the final divorce and custody date. The 22nd to be exact. It went smoothly, he was late, as he was to everything in his life. The magistrate basically left the parenting choices up to me, but did suggest a 50/50 schedule. Mondays and Tuesdays I would have Ava, Wednesday and Thursday he would have her and alternate weekends.

  I reluctantly agreed.