Chapter Six: Happily ever after, or not?

Ava and I stayed with Brittany for about a month, and everything was fine and dandy. I felt that we needed to stay at the house I was paying rent in, it didn't feel fair to me that I was paying rent somewhere and never staying there.

  This would turn out to be a bad idea on my part. I put Ava in her bed at the house and knowing my ex husband would be coming over soon I got ready to head to bed myself not wanting to hear his sob stories of how he missed me and wanted me back.

  This may seem cruel, but we had been through this about every month of our relationship, though previously he had been the one who was breaking it off with me.

  As I was going up the stairs to go to bed, he was coming inside. I started to fall asleep while watching t.v. and heard a knock at the door, but In knew who it was. I told him to go away, and of course he didn't. He came right in and walked over to the bed, he was drunk and crying.

What else was new?

  I sighed and sat up telling him I didn't want to hear it. He was crying and begging me to come back, telling me he would change and help with Ava and we could be happy. That he would find work and do better and work harder.

  I don't want to say what I actually did. However, this is then true story, so....

  I went back to him.

  Brittany was hurt.

  I was hurt.

  The only happy one? Him.

  He got what he wanted as always.

  This did not last long, after less than a week of being with him, missed Brittany too much. And had even told him this on several occasions. She had called the house one day, to arrange dropping off my stuff. I asked her if she would come get me and Ava, and she did!