Chapter 6

Keith slowly opened the door a crack listening to Lance sing. He knew this song and the sadness that it contained. He watched Lance painfully sing his song. He then remembered the Christmas Concert that started all of this.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lance was crying and ran out of the theater when he got a phone call. Keith watched him run down the street. Later on that day, he saw on the news about a male teenager who had recently graduated from Keith's high school. He died in a car accident, only at the age of 19. Keith somewhat knew what happened. But, he didn't really think Lance and Lotor had an actual relationship. He saw them around each other at times, but never in a couple-way. That man was the reason why Lance wanted to sing, he could tell. And that man's death was the reason why Lance stopped.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When Lance finished singing, Keith opened the door all the way. Lance jumped for a second and relaxed afterward. He knew it was just Keith.

"Are you here to put me down," Lance asked.

Keith sat down on the edge of the bed. "Lance, I'm sorry i-"

"I know you didn't mean it," Lance said.

"Everyone gets angry that way. My papa even did it when be found out I liked men. I was kicked out a few days after-"

"Lotor," Keith interrupted. Lance's spine shivered at the name. He hadn't heard anyone say that name since the reporters at Lotor's funeral.

"I actually...went through your phone at one point. You left it in the living room. I saw an old picture of you and him. I remembered him being on the news the day of the concert. His passing was the reason why you quit,  right?"

Lance nodded. "He was my world, my universe, he was just as important as music to me. We dated for over two years, met 5 years before then. He played piano, and I was a fan. One day, I sang my heart out after fighting with my dad about me wanting to be a singer. Lotor came into the room and said he was a fan of mine and hoped that I'd join the chorus to sing his songs."

Lance looked up, chuckling to himself. "No matter how many times I said no, he'd chase after me to the ends of the earth. I fell in love later on. He loved me too, and as he always said: he loved his prince the most. So, when he died... "

Lance stopped talking, choked on his held back emotions. Keith gave him a hug and began to talk about his past as well. About his mother, the cigarette burns the beatings.

"My mother had the most beautiful voice on earth when I was young. Dad was around and we were happy. She'd sing songs for me, sometimes we sang them together."

Keith paused, standing up to show his arms and back. "When dad left, this became the only thing she gave me. She sang no more. And later on she.." He took a deep breath before continuing.

"She jumped off a bridge while I was in the car. She locked me in there, making me sit and watch. I tried to break the window, anything to stop her on time."

Keith looked down, twiddling his thumbs. "And my dad, I don't know where he is."

Lance didn't realize Keith went through such a tough childhood. He felt guilty for getting angry at him and complaining to him. He also hated that his behavior made Keith feel forced to break down his walls to share something like this.

Hours passed and they laid next to each other, enjoying the silence for once. "You know," Lance started. Keith turned towards him.  "The reason why I'm so scared of singing for others is that I'm afraid that I'll lose them just like how I lost him. I'm scared, most of all, that I'll lose you too."

Keith held Lance close, kissing his forehead. "Lance, I'm not going anywhere. I'll always be with you. Its impossible to lose me, as long as you let me in" Keith explained.

Lance began to cry, finally, the relief of pain is gone. The past no longer burdened his shoulders when he was with Keith. Finally getting those thoughts out of his head was not planned at all, especially telling them to Keith.

If Keith was willing to stay by his side, he didn't care about holding his dreams back anymore. Lotor wouldn't like to see him like this, nor did Keith. He'll follow his dreams not only for himself but for the both of them.

________________________________________________________________________________

Lance woke up, more refreshed than ever. He looked to the side to see Keith wasn't there. Was this all a dream? Lance felt instant despair at the thought. He got up and ran to the kitchen.

He smelled food, with the satisfying sound of sizzling. Lance's stomach growled loudly, of course, he'd be hungry after not eating for two days.

Keith was at the stove, making eggs, grits, biscuits, and sausage.

~eggs bacon grits sausage~

Keith felt arms wrapped around him. He giggled.

"Good morning my goddess," Lance greeted. He moved Keith's hair away from his neck, kissing and nibbling the back.

Keith moaned softly, trying to push Lance away weakly.

"Do you want me to burn your breakfast," Keith asked.

"Why can't I just have you," Lance pleaded. "You're a whole full course meal."

Keith instantly blushed and pushed Lance away.

"Sit at the counter, I'm almost done," Keith demanded, trying to make his blush disappear somehow.

Lance exaggerated his loud sigh and sat at the counter on his stool.

Keith could feel eyes on him as if Lance was preying on him with a certain look.

"Staring at my ass isn't going to make me want to be your meal," Keith suggested. Lance puffed out his cheeks and remembered something.

"Why aren't you at work, and where were you during that weekend," Lance asked. Keith put the breakfast on their plates and brought it to the table.

"I actually slept on the floor, because I hate couches, during the night. I told my boss that you were sick and I needed to take care of you so I had the whole weekend off. I occasionally went out to get food for your fridge, since that bitch was empty, " Keith answered.

~this bitch empty--YEET ~

Lance nodded slowly. "Can we go out together for today," Lance asked. Keith shook his head. "Don't you have school," Keith replied.

"Nope, I have school on Monday afternoons, Wednesday mornings, and Thursday mornings," Lance answered. "It's fucking Tuesday. " Lance smiled in his seat and rocked side-to-side in happiness.

Keith sighed and put their plates in the sink after they were done eating. "Where do you want to go," Keith asked. "I want to go to....an amusement park," Lance answered.

Keith nodded and grabbed Lance's hand, dragging him into the bedroom. "Get dressed, I know the perfect place to go."