Chapter 30

Laughing Jack:

It had been about a few days after his return to his flower, and he was more than happy to be back at her side. Knowing nothing would take away his flower away from him, whether it be some insect of a boy trying to gain her love interest or some other insect trying to harm her in some way, made him feel only slightly better.

There was always other things that could be a threat to what belonged ot him.

Like the weird white hooded human male that had taken him down for instance.

A normal human being wouldn't have been able to injure him like that, nor would a normal human remain alive after all the damage he had done to the male.

So many questions and no means of answering them, how annoying.

He really had no interest in going after the male surprisingly enough, if he had enough strength to take him down, then good for him. Plus he knew his flower wouldn't be too keen on the idea, specially how she reacted at seeing him again after the little skirmish.

Speaking of his flower.

"Would you fucking quit!" She snapped in annoyance, her orange eye flaring like a wild fire.

He only cackled at her as he continued to grab candy.

They were in a candy store, a very large candy store which had more than just candy, but all sorts of lovely sweets, which he kept trying to steal. Of course he was mainly doing it to piss his flower off.

"Why?~" He questioned with a snicker.

She growled a habit she had picked up from him, which was rather adorable, it only added to her kitten image he had of her.

"Because your going to get me in trouble you idiota!" She growls.

He gave a dramatic shiver.

"I love it when you get angry with me~" He purred in a leering tone.

He internally snickered at the flustered look that crossed over her face before she began to scowl.

"Damn clown." She mutters stomping off with an adorable rosy tint to her cheeks.

He followed after he before noticing a chubby kid staring at him in slight weariness as well as awe.

"What the hell are you looking at tubby?!" He snapped with a growl showing his teeth.

The kid let out a yelp before running off as fast as his plump legs could carry him, his fat making a jello effect. He let out a snort along with a snicker before catching up to his flower whom had seen the scene.

"You know, I'm kind of scared of fat kids, after the little freak that tried to eat my box that was at your old foster home, I prefer to avoid them. They might eat me or something." He says dryly making his flower chuckle, which of course made a grin form on his face.

"Just because that made me laugh and because I'm feeling nice, grab you a bag of candy, a bag, meaning ONE." She says the sound of her accent making him grin.

He loved hearing her speak, it was interesting, even more so when she's angry, cause then its a little of english words and a little of italian words.

He gave her a wide and excited grin as he looked along the shelves of candy, before grumbling. He was way too fucking tall, he could almost see over the shelves, Felice seemed to get a kick out of this since she'd stare at him random moments before snickering.

She was lucky he was attached to and attracted to her, otherwise he'd empale his claws through her chest.

He held back a groan as a burn shot through his body.

Right.

He can't even think of harming his flower, not that he ever would, but whatever hold that was on him didn't get that.

"So what kind of cake are you making exactly?" He questioned as he held his chosen bag of candy.

She smirked at him.

"The kind you eat." She drawled sarcastically.

He gave her a dull look.

"Cute." He said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

She snickered before putting a finger over her lips, which made his gaze focus on her pale pink lips, which smelled very much like cherries from where he stood.

How temping.

"It's a secret." She grinned give him a wink which only made him huff.

"I haven't killed yet, so I think I should be rewarded or being a good clown." He drawled.

She snorted.

"Good clown my ass, and you will get rewarded....later." She snickered making him pout.

Spoiled sport.

His flower spent at least another hour going through the store getting different things and putting them in her buggy, he was beginning to get rather bored. So to quell his boredom he began to terrorize any human that was in the isle he and his flower were in.

Luckily Felice didn't seem to care, in fact she seemed amused by him scaring people.

Good, he wanted his flower to be happy, like she SHOULD be, not all crying and junk, because that was no fun.

He attention was caught by a sigh from Felice, she looked rather glum.

"Why so glum chum?~" He snickered.

She looked over at him with a faintly amused twinkle in her eyes before it died down.

"Martha has cancer." She says sadly.

He said nothing.

He knew that, he could smell it and see it when he got glimaces over her. She was gradually losing her weight and she often took breaks and rested because she tired easy.

Humans were fragile, elderly humans even more so since their old an all.

"There is nothing you can do, so sighing and moping will do nothing." He says with a nonchalant shrug.

He didn't care about her adoptive parents, the only human, well semi-human he cared for was his flower, no one or thing else.

He was a murderer he wasn't supposed to get attached to anything, he was already taking risk with his flower, but since he couldn't kill her and he was force to be in her company, he began to grow used to it. And before long he loved her company, at times he'd yearn for it when she'd be asleep.

So she was his and only his, if one of the old geezers died then that made her even more his. He would have killed the elderly humans from the start anyways, specially after he had claimed his flower, but he couldn't.

Not with this damn hold on his body.

Hey guys! Sorry for the slow update, I've been really busy cause this girl now has a job....Woooh. *Cough* not *cough*

So update are going to be slower than usual now that I'm working, but fear not, I WILL continue this story, its just at time I may take a while. XD

So tell me what you think! :D

Have a wonderful day/night!

P.S. Don't expect some sort of epic action story from Laughing Matter with some sort of major bad guy they have to fight with or whatever, I've actually been thinking of just focusing on how Felice's and Jack's relationship works and other things, I'm still figuring it out. Lol. XD