Chapter 38

Felice:

        Walking alongside Jack, I was silent, we held hands as Jack led his way through the forest. Gradually I began to notice the forest was going from green colors and full of life to blacks and browns with little to no life.

I inched closer to Jack in unease, making him smirk down at me.

The silence of this part of the forest was unnerving, there was no wind so the trees were completely still. If a leaf were to crack a mile away you'd hear it from just how silent it was.

I watched at Jack sniffed the air with a growl rumbling in his chest, but I knew he was doing that out of habit. I decided to let go of Jack and look around but I stayed very close to him, you could practically see the smugness rolling off of him in waves and every time I'd look over at him for a sense of security he'd smirk with a knowing look.

Smug bastard.

Its not my fault this forest is creepy as fuck.

Spotting something white on one of the blackened trees I walk closer and find that it was a piece of paper nailed to the trunk of a tree. Furrowing my eyes brows I read the sloppy writing on it.

Always watches.

Reading that gave me chills and  I felt the very strong urge to grab the paper. It was a very strong urge and I found myself reaching for it until a clawed hand wrapped around my own, stopping me.

"Don't touch that." Jack said tensely.

I shake my head, breaking from the weird trance I was in.

"That was weird." I mutter and Jack pulls me along.

"Don't touch any of the papers, they reek of darkness, I don't need my flower getting cursed or whatever." Jack growled as he crushed me up against his side.

I nod.

"So can we go home now? I'm hungry." I drawl while a reluctant look passes over his face.

I make a face.

"Per favore?" (Please)

He huffs.

"Fine. but your making ice-cream AND cake." He said before poofing us back to the cabin.

Taking in the smell of the cabin I sigh with a grin before moving away from Jack and into the kitchen to begin cooking.

"So I found another job, and it has no bringing your killer clowns to work day, so that means you get to stay here. mi hai?" (You got me?)I say with a narrowed look as Jack gives me an 'innocent' grin.

"So when I work your free to go around killing bad guys, so that means no children, big or small families, nice old ladies or men. and definitely not pregnant women. If I hear you've killed something you shouldn't have clown I'll chain you like a dog and make you sleep outside." I say.

He smirks.

"I can think of far better things to do with those chains~" He winked.

I roll my eyes with a scoff. Him and his erotica.

"I told you to burn that book." I say with disgust.

He waves around said book.

"It gives me ideas an....."

I cut him off.

"No, you don't need any ideas, you need to burn the book, and stay off my computer and stop buying your weird props." I say firmly.