Chapter 2

The night was eerie, not an animal or insect in sight. The sky was completely black, not a star or the moon in sight. The trees of a forest rustled mutely in the silent wind, giving an even more creepy edge to the dark forest.

The sound of foot steps could be heard as well as a creepy off tune whistle of the song 'Pop Goes the Weasel, as a tall lanky man walked merrily in the dark forest. His hair was black and choppy, he had striking white eyes, on his face where his nose is to be was a swirly black and white pointed nose, and behind the man's lips were two rows of sharp jagged teeth. He wore a black and white patchy clown outfit, he has black and white stripy sleeves and socks. His arms went to his knees, they were long a lanky much like a rag dolls.

Laughing Jack was his name, and he was a known killer all over. Any who hear his name and know what he does will shiver in fear. Some believe he is nothing but a rumor, a hoax created by adults to scare children into behaving. But he is indeed real, VERY real indeed.

Laughing Jack killed his victims in many ways, his favorite though was to give his victims of choice colorful candy, then plague their dreams with nightmares making them go slowly insane, before finally killing them.

He wasn't always this way, though. He was once a best friend to a poor and lonely boy from London England in the 1800's

Laughing Jack was created solely for a poor boy named Isaac, who had a bitter woman of a mother, and a useless drunkard of a father, whom often beat his 'beloved' wife the nights he returned home drunk. When Laughing Jack introduced himself to the seven year old boy on a Christmas morning, he had bright red hair, a swirly rainbow colored cone nose, and feathery shoulders that sat atop his raggedy and colorful clown outfit.

The two had many small adventures together for the weeks they were together. Until one of these adventures resulted in Isaac getting sent to a boarding school. Before his leaving, Isaac had his friend, Laughing Jack return to the Jack in the box he came in since he could not go with the boy, and promised to return for him when he got out.

Or so he promised...

As time went on Jack hadn't seen nor heard of his friend again, he was left entirely alone in the boy's attic room, with only the sounds of the boy's parents arguing from down stairs to grace his ears. Jack’s life became one of solitude, loneliness, and disappointment. As years went by Jack’s once bright vibrant colors began to fade into a monochrome blur of pitch-black void and stark white emptiness, and soon he became void of any emotion.

One certain night Isaac's father came home particularly drunk, and as per usual he beat the boy's mother, only this time she didn't get up, he had beaten her to death. He was sentence to hang, and Isaac inherited the house he grew up in as a child. It had been thirteen years since Jack had seen his 'friend', Isaac was now a full grown adult, and had completely forgotten him, playing off his existence as nothing more than his childhood imagination.

Like his father, Isaac was a drunkard, and on one night he returned to the house with a lady friend. After a short moment of being intimate with each other Isaac made sexual advances towards the lady, resulting in him getting slapped. The slap made Isaac go into a drunken rage, and before long he killed the woman with a blow to the skull, and the confined Laughing Jack having witnessed it all.

Isaac was a furniture upholsterer, and put his skills to use by creating a grotesque armchair abomination out of the woman's skin, bones, and hair. Soon Isaac seemed to have taken a liking to murdering and began bringing in victims of all ages and genders and torturing them.

Laughing Jack became increasingly fascinated with his playmate's new 'game', so when he was finally freed, from the shelf holding the box up finally falling because of its rusty screws, he decided to try his playmate's game. And who better to play the game with than his playmate himself?

After Laughing Jack murdered his once best friend and playmate, he decided to spread his 'friendship' to all of the lonely kids of the world.

And that is exactly what he did.

Whistling his off tune song merrily, Laughing Jack's attention is stolen by two bright lights off in the distance in the forest. Curious he decides to get a closer look, peeking from behind a bush silently, he tilts his head causing his black hair to wave to the side.

"Come on hurry up dude!" A teenage boy urges to his friend as they carry a body in their grasps.

"I can't believe I listened to you!" The other boy says with fear quivering in his voice.

"Shut up and help me get rid of the body!" The boy snaps.

Laughing Jack's eyes catch a small glint, before he notices a knife protruding from the chest of a teenage girl. She had on a neon green and black checkered hoodie jacket, and her hair was a like fire made up of bright colors of red, yellow, and orange. Her purple shirt the peeked from behind her jacket was stained a brilliant red just as her jacket, and her skin was pale white and her chest was unmoving, signaling she was indeed dead.

Laughing Jack hums silently to himself as he watches as the two boys flee quickly in their car, with the sound of tires squealing as they make contact with the asphalt. He tsks to himself.

"How unprofessionally done~ Didn't even rid of the murder weapon." He hums with a maniacal grin.

Then something truly unexpected happens.

The fingers of the girl twitch, before she jolts up with a loud gasp, and before his eyes he watches as her pale death colored flesh turn to a normal living shade. The dead girl was now alive.

How bizarre!

How interesting!~