Twelve • Memory Lane

Sarada couldn't find any energy to go out and have a breathe of fresh air, but she felt suffocated in the household.

After the incident, the culprits were sent to the Police Force and were currently being investigated. Naruto also tightened the security in Konoha, especially around the hospital. Chocho was recovering fast and fortunately, Sarada herself wasn't in the worst shape anymore.

Excluding the villagers, most of jounin-ranked shinobi found out about Uchiha Sarada being taken away, as they are part of the investigation that is currently happening. The genin-ranked ones also found out about the unfortunate event that happened to Sarada, minus the details about her captors and the reason why she was abducted.

It seems like everything went back to normal.

But how could she even say that? Was finding out that the man you looked up to, respected, and loved, turned out to be a most-wanted criminal in his teenage years normal? Not exactly.

After hearing everything from Sakura, it felt like a certain part of her fell. At first, she concluded that she would get to know herself and her family better once the truth was out, but that obviously went the other way around. Sakura's warnings were true.

Finding out about those things destroyed who she was. It was like a part of her was crushed, and instead of finding her real identity, she felt like she lost herself.

The morning after, Sakura went to work early and left some breakfast for her, meanwhile Sasuke was no where to be found in the house. Not that she minded them being away for the day; she needed some space and it was probably for the best.

Sarada's wounds weren't in the worst shape anymore, fortunately. Except her bruised neck, there wasn't anything else major.

It was around nine when somebody had rang the doorbell, accompanied by a familiar, loud voice. "Sarada! Open up!"

"Boruto?" The Uchiha muttered, walking towards the door and opening it slightly, just enough to see the hint of blonde hair. "Boruto, what-"

"Sarada!" Boruto pushed open the door, startling the female which caused her to take a step back. He immediately had his eyes set on the wire gauze around Sarada's neck.

"Sorry, did we surprise you?" Mitsuki asked in a calmer tone beside Boruto.

Sarada shook her head, turning away. "It's fine. You can come in."

"Uh, are you okay?" The blonde boy exchanged glances with Mitsuki, as if sensing strange about the girl.

But instead of receiving a reply, she simply continued to march to the living room and the two hesitantly followed. Boruto had his eyebrows in a small frown the whole time.

Sarada wasn't the most talkative, but from his view, she was a know-it-all smart ass who wouldn't keep her mouth shut and immediately correct him if he said some stupid things. But seeing this girl in front of him right now, he could tell that something was off.

"Are we even supposed to be here?" Boruto whispered to Mitsuki.

The golden-eyed boy's eyebrows rose. "Aren't you the one who dragged me all the way here?"

"Yeah, but-"

"I can hear both of you," Sarada intervened, sighing as she turned to her teammates who immediately straightened themselves and pretended to be quiet. "Look, I'm okay."

Boruto scratched his cheek, taking a seat on the couch, mumbling, "Well you don't seem to be..."

It seems like she didn't hear any of his words. From what they can see, it's as if she was lost and unfocused. Mitsuki breathed in, feeling the tensed atmosphere around them. "May I take a seat, Sarada?"