Fourteen • Home

"S-Sasuke-kun, can we stop for a bit? Again?" Sakura asked, her hand hovering over her stomach.

The ravenette immediately nodded, assisting the pink-haired woman around her shoulders. "Do you feel anything odd?"

Sakura shook her head, sending her husband a reassuring smile. "Don't worry, Sasuke-kun. Walking around like this just feels harder than usual." She replied while gently caressing her belly.

His eyes softened as he glanced at Sakura's figure. Although there was no hints in his eyes, deep within himself he felt thrilled to see his child very soon. "Let's stop here. Are you hungry?"

He helped her sit on the grassy fields, kneeling beside her afterwards. She shook her head. "Then do you need anything? Tell me."

Sasuke was serious (like he always is) and he expected her to answer in the same manner, but she suddenly burst out laughing instead. His brows furrowed in confusion.

"Sorry," Sakura grinned, her pink cheeks glowing beautifully under the sun. "You worry too much, Sasuke-kun."

He sighed, his index finger going against her forehead and pushing her head back gently. "It's not funny."

Taking his hand, the pinkette nodded while smiling brightly. "Right, right. Sorry for laughing."

Sasuke turned his head away, a subtle hint of smile displayed on his lips.

A few months after their marriage, they went to travel together, and that was also the time Sakura found out that she was pregnant. But as of today, she was close to giving birth.

"I'm fine now," Sakura stood up. "Let's get going."

Sasuke carefully assisted his wife, taking all their time in walking and holding her close as if she was a brittle thing made of glass.

"It's been quite a while since we saw Konoha... right?" The pinkette suddenly opened up as they walked through the woods.

He glanced at her through the corners of his eyes. "Do you... want to go back?"

"Well, do you?" She threw back the question. "I don't mind, honestly. I do miss the village but travelling with you is great."

Sasuke treasured his moments with her. He truly found great love and friendship in the pinkette. Years of being a lost cause with nothing but scorching hatred in his heart, he was almost ravaged by the fire inside him. Sasuke wouldn't say that the best healer of the heart is time, instead, he saw that all it took was acceptance. And once he had accepted everything, he had found himself in her.

"Sasuke?" A shocked red-haired woman greeted them.

Her red eyes studied Sasuke as he carried a pregnant woman in his arms. The Uchiha had suddenly showed up into one of Orochimaru's hide outs and she had no idea why.

However, looking at them right now lit an idea inside her head.

"We need your help," he said in a strong masculine voice, but Karin hinted a sense of uneasiness.

Sasuke entered the hide out without hesitations, carrying Sakura in his arms as she whimpered in pain. Karin followed after them, agitated at the sudden situation.

"Oi, Sasuke! You're not telling me-"

Sasuke entered a room quickly, placing his wife gently into the near bed before turning to Karin. "Help my wife with the delivery, Karin. We can't make it to Konoha in time and she needs this."